Differences between 17" JKU Sport and 17" Rubi wheels?

So, I am thinking about getting new wheels for my '15 JKU Sport with the 17 Alloy wheels and have seen quite a few Rubi wheel sets for sale on CL and it got me to wondering if they would be any kind of an upgrade. Are their dimensions different or they any lighter than what I have on the Jeep now?

In the very near future I will be getting new tires in the 285/70/17 size. I have also installed the springs/shocks and some other parts from a three day old Rubi Recon and got about an inch of lift. I flat tow the jeep behind a Class A coach, so I don't want anything more so that it maintains it's good towing manners.

Thanks for the info.

Steve

sipafz

Caught the Bug
So, I am thinking about getting new wheels for my '15 JKU Sport with the 17 Alloy wheels and have seen quite a few Rubi wheel sets for sale on CL and it got me to wondering if they would be any kind of an upgrade. Are their dimensions different or they any lighter than what I have on the Jeep now?

In the very near future I will be getting new tires in the 285/70/17 size. I have also installed the springs/shocks and some other parts from a three day old Rubi Recon and got about an inch of lift. I flat tow the jeep behind a Class A coach, so I don't want anything more so that it maintains it's good towing manners.

Thanks for the info.

Steve

They are same dimensionally. I don’t know about the weight, but they are probably about the same. The only difference is the look.

arkain04

I agree with sipafz, they pretty much an even swap from what you had. The wheels alone shouldn't change your weight or tow angle.

Thanks

Form, fit and function. Fit and function are the same, so only the form part of the equation that is changed. I was hoping that the Rubi wheels were lighter. Not really worth the money.

Maybe the wise and frugal Mrs has a good idea in painting the wheels. What color goes well with copper brown pearl? Hmmm.........

Top Bottom