Prorock 60 flc?

LO_Rex

Is it normal to have to cutout a section of the lower control arm mount on ProRock60's to allow for Johnny joint clearance at full droop? I haven't seen this issue mentioned anywhere and am just checking before I make a mistake with the grinder.

Sent from my SM-G930P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Is it normal to have to cutout a section of the lower control arm mount on ProRock60's to allow for Johnny joint clearance at full droop? I haven't seen this issue mentioned anywhere and am just checking before I make a mistake with the grinder.

Def not normal. Do you have a pic?

fiend

Caught the Bug

I had to do that with my PR44. It’s no big deal to clearance the mounts a little so there’s no contact with the control arms. Just do a little at a time and then touch up the area with some paint so it doesn’t rust.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a shot of my ProRock 60 at the lower control arm mount. As you can see, the Johnny Joint clears with tons of room to spare.

20171213124944-f252b833.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I had to do that with my PR44. It’s no big deal to clearance the mounts a little so there’s no contact with the control arms. Just do a little at a time and then touch up the area with some paint so it doesn’t rust.

I had to do it on my PR44 as well, but it was Clayton bracket kit and aftermarket arms with more of a bend.

IMG_20170125_152329_046.jpg

LO_Rex

Here's a shot of my ProRock 60 at the lower control arm mount. As you can see, the Johnny Joint clears with tons of room to spare.

20171213124944-f252b833.jpg
Thanks for the photo. I just have the uppers in and was trying to connect the lowers. I may just need to put a jack under the axle to get the angle correct to fit the lowers. I will check again tonight and take a photo.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the photo. I just have the uppers in and was trying to connect the lowers. I may just need to put a jack under the axle to get the angle correct to fit the lowers. I will check again tonight and take a photo.

Personally, I would start with the lowers AND THEN install/set the uppers to give you the caster that you need.

Buster3479

I had to grind my 60/60 hardcore front lower mounts. At full droop the mounts were hanging up on the CA's. I took a drum sander to them to clearance the EVO LCA joints. There's a lot of things that I think are very different on the 60's included in the hardcore package than on separately ordered PR60 fronts.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I had to grind my 60/60 hardcore front lower mounts. At full droop the mounts were hanging up on the CA's. I took a drum sander to them to clearance the EVO LCA joints. There's a lot of things that I think are very different on the 60's included in the hardcore package than on separately ordered PR60 fronts.

I also have the Hardcore 60 package, but didn't need to grind. 🤷*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I had to do it on my PR44 as well, but it was Clayton bracket kit and aftermarket arms with more of a bend.

View attachment 291265

ditto with my PR44 but also running Clayton arms.

I think the OP is saying when at full droop the head of the johnny joint hits the top of the bracket?

I had the same issue - I couldn't get enough droop to pull the coils out after undoing the TB, shocks and links.

Except I should've paid attention as to how much I really needed to clearance. I need to double check but I think now i'm close to allowing the coil to fall out.

fiend

Caught the Bug
ditto with my PR44 but also running Clayton arms.

I think the OP is saying when at full droop the head of the johnny joint hits the top of the bracket?

I had the same issue - I couldn't get enough droop to pull the coils out after undoing the TB, shocks and links.

Except I should've paid attention as to how much I really needed to clearance. I need to double check but I think now i'm close to allowing the coil to fall out.

It should be either your shocks or limit straps that govern how much down travel you have, not interference at the control arms.

LO_Rex

It looks like I underestimated how much I needed to adjust my lowers out. I wash trying to install at stock length and the arm was hitting the top of the bracket.

I think I'll be okay once i get big crescent wrench. I wish EVO kept the old style spanner adjusters.

jeeeep

Hooked
It should be either your shocks or limit straps that govern how much down travel you have, not interference at the control arms.

normally true but Clayton arms are square and the lower brackets need to be clearanced a little to allow room.

WJCO

Meme King

normally true but Clayton arms are square and the lower brackets need to be clearanced a little to allow room.

Mine was never binding but it did make contact and noise. My OCD just wouldn't allow for that shit.

Top Bottom