Warranty woes

longarmwj

Anybody ever have a dealership deny your warranty claim because they found a video on facebook from almost a year ago of you wheeling your jeep?

My power steering pump randomly went out while i was driving, and the dealership is refusing to warrant it because they found a video from last June where I was at a car crush event, and I drove over a junker car. They’re saying that caused the power steering failure even though it was months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I hope it’s not the dealership where you work / use to work or hope to work at again? I can’t keep up, but that sucks!

sparks

Wouldn’t it be a shame if you drove there for clarification and on the way out “accidentally” rolled over a car on the lot?
Just make sure you get it on video. Lol

WJCO

Meme King
I have seen this scenario many times in regards to social media posts being used against someone for claims. Sorry to hear. You'd have to study the exact language of the factory warranty, but if there's anything in there that talks about abuse or abnormal use, that's likely the clause they'll use. There is only a minority of drivers who use there vehicle to drive over other cars, so I doubt they'll consider that normal use.

Now, you could fight it using language from the Magnuson Moss Act which basically says that if a dealer denies a warranty claim, they have to prove that why they're denying it, actually applies to why that part failed.

Lastly, even if you do fight it, they can also say that your larger tires added more stress to the pump. You'd be better off going to another dealer or doing it yourself.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Yeah that sucks but I agree with wjco. It would be easy for them to deny just on larger tires. Ask me how I know. I would try another dealer , which worked for me, or just swap it yourself , or upgrade.

longarmwj

I have seen this scenario many times in regards to social media posts being used against someone for claims. Sorry to hear. You'd have to study the exact language of the factory warranty, but if there's anything in there that talks about abuse or abnormal use, that's likely the clause they'll use. There is only a minority of drivers who use there vehicle to drive over other cars, so I doubt they'll consider that normal use.

Now, you could fight it using language from the Magnuson Moss Act which basically says that if a dealer denies a warranty claim, they have to prove that why they're denying it, actually applies to why that part failed.

Lastly, even if you do fight it, they can also say that your larger tires added more stress to the pump. You'd be better off going to another dealer or doing it yourself.

Very good advice. Sad to know using social media against somebody for a warranty claim is a common thing

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Anybody ever have a dealership deny your warranty claim because they found a video on facebook from almost a year ago of you wheeling your jeep?

My power steering pump randomly went out while i was driving, and the dealership is refusing to warrant it because they found a video from last June where I was at a car crush event, and I drove over a junker car. They’re saying that caused the power steering failure even though it was months ago.

New trend eh? Scour the internet for videos of Jeeps doing what they should be doing so the dealership can deny warranty claims. I know some people probably do abuse Jeeps but wow! Never heard of that one.:crazyeyes::cheesy::doh:

WJCO

Meme King
Very good advice. Sad to know using social media against somebody for a warranty claim is a common thing

This sucks. One more reason to have private social media profiles. 😝

Hope you get it worked out.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

New trend eh? Scour the internet for videos of Jeeps doing what they should be doing so the dealership can deny warranty claims. I know some people probably do abuse Jeeps but wow! Never heard of that one.:crazyeyes::cheesy::doh:

I doubt adjusters or dealers do it on every claim, but I know for sure I've seen several personal instances where it has been done. My guess is that in Ryan's case, because he used to work there, the dealer already knew he participated in some kind of social media and already knew where to get ahold of that resource. Just a guess.

TheGrendel

I doubt adjusters or dealers do it on every claim, but I know for sure I've seen several personal instances where it has been done. My guess is that in Ryan's case, because he used to work there, the dealer already knew he participated in some kind of social media and already knew where to get ahold of that resource. Just a guess.

agreed. unless a person is blasting videos everywhere and tagging everything under the sun, the vast majority of stealerships aren't going to know.

Ddays

Hooked
Wow, you seem to have a LOT of folks seeking you out via various social media outlets :crazyeyes:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

You could fight that with a very simple hydraulic schematic and then have them explain how a stress isolated pump "saw more stress" due to a component on the OPPOSITE side of the hydraulic cylinder, I.E. AFTER the hydraulic work. IF you were talking about steering box issue, sure... but the PUMP? :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom