What do you guys think of this build plan?

SoCalDozer

So I have tossed around many idea's as far as what to do with the jeep but after a lot of research and looking around on forums i think I have a plan but just wanted some opinions.

I want to keep my jeep low as possible as well because I do like to go fast and lower is just better overall I think for everything.
and so far the plan is to eventually have 37's with the evo all in one hood/fenders so I dont have to lift it.
Was going to go with evo spec King 2.5 shocks for stock height which still have 10"'s of travel front and rear. Or maybe even the new Fox internal bypass for the JK depending how much they are.
going to run spring retainers and custom bump stops to get the max travel I can out of the shocks.

This doesnt include all the little stuff obviously but just thinking a base of how I want things. and I would also upgrade my front axle before I went to 37's but that is a whole other story.

TrailBear

Why not go coilovers? You can set your ride hight, no coil retainers needed, and probably better suited for faster driving?

If you don't push the limits how do you find them??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What are you going to do to the rear to fit the 37's? Cut it up?

Good question. Getting enough clearance up front is easy enough to do but, unless you plan on doing some cutting of your tub, the rear is a bit tougher. As mentioned, you might want to consider coil overs too as they can be set to what you want.

SoCalDozer

I would love to do coil overs but wouldn't it be hard to get that low of a ride height without going with an Evo lever out back? I don't want to cut it up like vengeance and lose my back seat although I do like the setup on it.

And I would just cut the rear as much as possible without trimming the tub. I run 3.5" offset wheels so they do stick out a little further.

SoCalDozer

Just saw some new data on the fox internal bypass shocks from fourwheeler mag and they show 2400 dollar retail for the full set...
Hopefully they will be selling cheaper than that lol. Only way I will consider them is if they are closer to 1700.

Bypass shocks would be really sick but not sure how good vs just going coilovers

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
To keep it as low as vengeance you would have to cut through the tub (I believe). But with a little more lift you shouldn't have to. I am guessing around 3" but maybe Eddie or Mel can confirm.

SoCalDozer

To keep it as low as vengeance you would have to cut through the tub (I believe). But with a little more lift you shouldn't have to. I am guessing around 3" but maybe Eddie or Mel can confirm.

I know I would have to cut it to mount the coilovers like vengeance since they stick up through the tub but I don't want to do that. That's why I was going to stay coils. But I'll see what Mel or Eddie have to say on the matter hopefully

Top Bottom