RockHard4x4 Aluminum vs. Steel

Damtall55

I have a 2012 JKU with the RockHard4x4 Oil Pan/Tranny Skid, Transfer Case Skid and Evap Relocation Bracket. All of my stuff is in steel. I was curious if anyone has bought the Aluminum Skids and how they hold up on the trail? I am sure it is much lighter, but does it offer any type of real protection? Thanks!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I have a 2012 JKU with the RockHard4x4 Oil Pan/Tranny Skid, Transfer Case Skid and Evap Relocation Bracket. All of my stuff is in steel. I was curious if anyone has bought the Aluminum Skids and how they hold up on the trail? I am sure it is much lighter, but does it offer any type of real protection? Thanks!

I dont own them being my jeep is manual, but OF COURSE RockHard4x4 Aluminum Skids hold up on the trail, and offer real protection :thinking:

Why would you suspect they dont?? :idontknow:

Ddays

Hooked
I dont own them being my jeep is manual, but OF COURSE RockHard4x4 Aluminum Skids hold up on the trail, and offer real protection :thinking:

Why would you suspect they dont?? :idontknow:

You mean, they're not like, flimsy and stuff because they're made of aluminum? :hmm:

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I've got the RockHard aluminum oil/transmission and transfer case skids. This stuff is beefy!! RockHard makes a quality product. I can't speak to how it holds up after hours of dragging it over rocks cuz there aren't any in Chicago. The 1/4" aluminum plate is no joke though..

Top Bottom