fluid change

woof359

I got a 2012 Sport,6 speed and IM thinking dana 30s, should I go to the dealer and buy OEM fluids or is there an option from NAPA type places ?

WJCO

Meme King
You likely have a D30 front and D44 rear. Find out if you have limited slip differentials. If you don't, just use the cheapest gear oil possible. If you do have limited slip, just make sure the fluid that you get comes with friction modifier.

As far as the JK 6 speed transmission, I'm not sure what kind of fluid it takes but I'm assuming you could get cheap stuff for that too if it's just gear oil.

jknikos

As far as the JK 6 speed transmission, I'm not sure what kind of fluid it takes but I'm assuming you could get cheap stuff for that too if it's just gear oil.

I would stick with the mopar stuff in that! Just t be safe. Mopar NV 3500.

woof359

cost

back from the dealer, bought fluid for frt and rr diff's transfer and trans, also got 2 oil filters. 132.00 bucks, then off to Auto Zone for oil and a pump for getting the fluid in. 33 for oil, and 16 for the pump, got it all done in about 2 hours including rotating tires, garage was a little chilly but there's beer and music out there so it was a good after noon, found all the fill and drain plugs were on the loose side, the fill plug on the trans was super tight .some filings but not to bad, all the fluids were dark.

Top Bottom