TPMS Sensors Frequency

Joespring

I want to replace 2012 wrangler rubicon wheels, tires and TPMS sensors with new take offs wheels, tires and TPMS sensors from a 2017 rubicon. Per information from the Extreme Terrain website, 2007 to 2012 sensors are 315 Mhz and 2013 to 2018 433 Mhz frequency. Will the 2012 wrangler work with the different frequency? Or can the 2012 wrangler be reprogrammed to work with the different frequency? Is that a dealer thing or is there a hand held type tool that can do the reprogramming? Would it cost effective to just replace the TPMS sensors?

CookieMonsterJK

American tire here in Norco priced new TPMS sensors at $60 each. I’m putting my wheels on rims today and I’m not going to install the sensors. Maybe when I replace the tires. Can’t see spending $300 for that right now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I’ve bought cheap eBay ones before. Initially they all worked and after a couple of weeks the tears dropped out and then 6 months later came back on. They’ve been working ever since. When I go to my new wheels I’ll be pulling the genuine ones from my rubicon wheels as they are still sitting in the shed.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I’ve bought cheap eBay ones before. Initially they all worked and after a couple of weeks the tears dropped out and then 6 months later came back on. They’ve been working ever since. When I go to my new wheels I’ll be pulling the genuine ones from my rubicon wheels as they are still sitting in the shed.

Mine from Amazon, have been working for over a year.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I've used the amazon ones on 3 jeeps. I think the bad reviews are skewed for the people who did have a problem. Most, like me, don't go put up a 5 star review when they work. They're hit-or-miss, but $45 total is a lot better than $80 x 5.

We had to put the 2012 sensors into my 2015 rubicon take offs so my dad could run them on his jeep.

Joespring

I've used the amazon ones on 3 jeeps. I think the bad reviews are skewed for the people who did have a problem. Most, like me, don't go put up a 5 star review when they work. They're hit-or-miss, but $45 total is a lot better than $80 x 5.

We had to put the 2012 sensors into my 2015 rubicon take offs so my dad could run them on his jeep.

Other than change the sensors and install the take offs, anything else required to make them work?

Top Bottom