2015 Jeep Wrangler unlimited 3.6L

Joeyd94

I just recently purchased a 2015 Jeep Wrangler unlimited 3.6L Automatic Transmission. Stupid question I can’t figure out if my vehicle has a Timing Belt or a Timing Chain? If it has a chain do they have to be serviced like a timing belt does?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I just recently purchased a 2015 Jeep Wrangler unlimited 3.6L Automatic Transmission. Stupid question I can’t figure out if my vehicle has a Timing Belt or a Timing Chain? If it has a chain do they have to be serviced like a timing belt does?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Your Jeep actually had 3 timing chains. No, they shouldn’t require service.

Welcome to Wayalife. Stop by the Wave Thread and introduce yourself.

WJCO

Meme King
It's a chain and there's no maintenance service interval. Later in it's life, a chain can stretch but that isn't a common issue on this engine. If it stretches, the engine light will come on with timing correlation codes and it may run rough. There's no preventative measure to avoid this. If it happens, it just happens.

maxresdefault.jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug
It's a chain and there's no maintenance service interval. Later in it's life, a chain can stretch but that isn't a common issue on this engine. If it stretches, the engine light will come on with timing correlation codes and it may run rough. There's no preventative measure to avoid this. If it happens, it just happens.

View attachment 292135

Each chain has an automatic ratchet type tensioner. Do they ever wear / stretch past that?

Top Bottom