coilover or springs wat is better?

Blackjk58

I don't no what to put on my jku coilover or springs? What you ride on your jk and what u think i should buy. Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really, there's no comparison between the best coil and shock you can buy and a finely tuned coil over system like what EVO MFG sells. The coil overs win hands down.

Serg5000

I knew this was going to be the answer. I sooo want the EVO coil overs. No matter how hard I try and stretch $5000 to get the minimum. I just can not seem to. The coil overs eat that cash up fast!
But damn! I want coil overs.

If anyone had any ideas on what or how to get it done with my budget, please chime in. I may be able to squeeze a little more in there $$

rtguy1

I knew this was going to be the answer. I sooo want the EVO coil overs. No matter how hard I try and stretch $5000 to get the minimum. I just can not seem to. The coil overs eat that cash up fast!

If anyone had any ideas on what or how to get it done with my budget, please chime in. I may be able to squeeze a little more in there $$

Coil overs are the top of the line. Coil and shock still does the job though on a budget. Serg what's your budget, 5k?

rtguy1

Evo coil over kit front- $1750
Evo coil over kit rear- $1850
Evo front lower control arms- $419.99
Evo draglink flip kit- $299.95
J.e. reel front 1310 driveshaft- $459
Total shipped to your door= $4778.94
Last I checked this was the bare minimum reqd to run the evo system appropriately on a 4 door.

There's room in there to get the 1350 drive shaft upgrade, which is what I would do.

All quoted from northridge4x4. No tax free shipping

Hope this helps.

Last I checked this was the bare minimum reqd to run the evo system appropriately on a 4 door.

There's room in there to get the 1350 drive shaft upgrade, which is what I would do.

Hope this helps.

I actually just got done going a very similar route...

I bought the Currie front lower control arms and haven't got the flip kit. You save $100 by going with Currie Arms and you don't HAVE to get the flip kit right off the bat. Also, if you call and place an order with NR there's an outside chance they may knock 5-10% off some of the items.

This is also a very straight forward install, something you could do yourself (this was the suspension kit I've ever installed on any vehicle).

Serg5000

Hope this helps.

Yup it's 5k. I'm ordering next week at those prices. Thank you everyone for taking time to lay it all out for me.

rtguy1

I actually just got done going a very similar route...

I bought the Currie front lower control arms and haven't got the flip kit. You save $100 by going with Currie Arms and you don't HAVE to get the flip kit right off the bat. Also, if you call and place an order with NR there's an outside chance they may knock 5-10% off some of the items.

This is also a very straight forward install, something you could do yourself (this was the suspension kit I've ever installed on any vehicle).

I would do the flip kit though. It's only $300 more and it will make a big difference. Don't wanna spend all that cash and have crappy steering etc. or at least subpar steering IMO

Yup it's 5k. I'm ordering next week at those prices. Thank you everyone for taking time to lay it all out for me.

Awesome!!! Can't wait to see your jeep! Congrats! 😎

I would do the flip kit though. It's only $300 more and it will make a big difference. Don't wanna spend all that cash and have crappy steering etc. or at least subpar steering IMO

I agree... I'm just making the point that it isn't required to get the lift on and to go down the road. However, a front driveshaft and adjustable front lower control arms are. The axle won't drop enough without them to even get the coil overs in. Ask me how I know 😁😝 :cheesy:

MTG

Caught the Bug
What is better?

Coils and shocks for sure...

...unless you can afford coilovers.

But seems a lot of people think you somehow can't wheel if you don't have coilovers. :crazy eyes:

Until last year I'd say coilovers were not a financial reality to the vast majority of jeepers and arguably still aren't.

Figure out what your budget is, figure out what all you want to put on your jeep, build it and wheel!

Not saying you should do one or the other...just do what works for you.

Good luck!

10frank9

Web Wheeler

But seems a lot of people think you somehow can't wheel if you don't have coilovers. :crazy eyes:

Until last year I'd say coilovers were not a financial reality to the vast majority of jeepers and arguably still aren't.

Figure out what your budget is, figure out what all you want to put on your jeep, build it and wheel!

Good luck!

I'm with MTG here. It's all budget dependent. I'd grab some coilovers if you can afford them it really is a noticeable difference when driving on the road. But cool and shocks are what 80% of Jeepers run and wheel with. 👍

Good luck!

I definitely agree.

Also might need:

EVO RCC track bar bracket
extended brake lines
bump stop extensions (front and rear)

andrew -

These are included with the EVO Bolt-On coilover kit. The front track bar relocation bracket comes with the drag link flip kit and the rear comes with the coilover kit.

Well there you go. Just making sure all your bases were covered!
Happy coiling over!!!:D:D:D

I do happen to love my coil / shock setup. It rides great !

andrew -

Last edited:
Top Bottom