Neat things happening while fishing today.

black pearl

Hooked
Went out fishing with the little one today. Not all that exciting, but what we got to watch was something I haven't ever seen before.
Just normal stuff here
IMG_1489.jpg IMG_1491.jpg IMG_1492.jpg
Right after the game warden came by to check licensing and went to the next spot, there was a bunch of ruckus in the water. A seal had caught a sturgeon and was eating it out in the middle of the river. IMG_1522.jpg IMG_1510.jpg IMG_1514.jpg IMG_1515.jpg IMG_1519.jpg IMG_1524.jpg IMG_1528.jpg IMG_1525.jpg IMG_1533.jpg IMG_1535.jpg got a little video of it also at about 1:03 in the top right of the screen you can kind of see it flip the sturgeon up out of the water.
https://youtu.be/1npTBh8RDFs

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Oreo_penguin536

Whoa man, that’s rad. Cheers to random awesomeness! How did your son/ daughter react to all that?

I can remember the last time I went hunting a few years back. Just stepped out of the truck and saw 2 rams smacking heads on a cliff about 30 yards up from us. Sounded like gunshots going off...I wish I still had the video [emoji58]

black pearl

Hooked
Whoa man, that’s rad. Cheers to random awesomeness! How did your son/ daughter react to all that?

I can remember the last time I went hunting a few years back. Just stepped out of the truck and saw 2 rams smacking heads on a cliff about 30 yards up from us. Sounded like gunshots going off...I wish I still had the video [emoji58]

she thought it was the best thing ever. She even took my spotting scope from me to try and watch it better.

No that would be something to see!!

Some live National Geographic. [emoji1360]
It was amazing!
Although I did reel in when we were doing watching. I don't think there were many fish in the area with that seal trashing about.

jesse3638

Hooked
That reminds me of a work assignment in NM about 12 Yeats ago. We were patrolling camp grounds and manning road blocks due to forest closures. While I'm a camp ground we saw a squirl sitting on a rock. We stopped the truck to look at it. Them two ears pop up behind the rock and a coyote pounced and grabbed it. Them a couple days later a mountain lion came walking down the road right by our road block we had been sitting at for the last 10 days. I'm sure he had been eyeballing us. Seeing stuff like that is always so awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
Right on! Looks like an awesome and relaxing day.

it was a great day and very relaxing

Wow how cool is that! Thanks for sharing. I'm sure that really added to the trip. :thumb:
it definitely made my day today, especially since nothing was biting.

That reminds me of a work assignment in NM about 12 Yeats ago. We were patrolling camp grounds and manning road blocks due to forest closures. While I'm a camp ground we saw a squirl sitting on a rock. We stopped the truck to look at it. Them two ears pop up behind the rock and a coyote pounced and grabbed it. Them a couple days later a mountain lion came walking down the road right by our road block we had been sitting at for the last 10 days. I'm sure he had been eyeballing us. Seeing stuff like that is always so awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
That would be cool as hell to see! We get coyotes on our property, but don't get to see them hunt much.
Sounds like a great day fishing. Very neat experience
Not quite what I expected on the trip but definitely glad it did.

Brute

Hooked
I'm glad you had a good experience with a seal...mine was not as good. I was in Alaska 3 summers ago and was hooked into a big king salmon; 10 minutes into the fight a large sea lion decided to attack my fish and I helplessly watched him grab and roll my fish until the line broke...it would have been the biggest king of my life...

I've lost many fish to sharks and large moray eels, but this one hurt the most....

black pearl

Hooked
I'm glad you had a good experience with a seal...mine was not as good. I was in Alaska 3 summers ago and was hooked into a big king salmon; 10 minutes into the fight a large sea lion decided to attack my fish and I helplessly watched him grab and roll my fish until the line broke...it would have been the biggest king of my life...

I've lost many fish to sharks and large moray eels, but this one hurt the most....

That would definitely piss me off !! But fortunately for me it just scared away all the fish I already wasn't catching

black pearl

Hooked
Wild thing to see. Good catch!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app
It really was! Hard to miss they are very aggressive eaters [emoji23]

It's always a good day to be fishing, but stuff like that really make it fun. :thumb:

Awesome

It was definitely worth the trip and I didn't even mind that I didn't catch anything.

Top Bottom