Hi from CT

ozmanyyy

Hi guys,

I'm checking in from Connecticut. I also found my way here after coming across the absolutely amazing video's.

I'm relatively new to offroading. I've been a long time motorcyclist and ride quite a bit throughout the year including, trips, trackdays and commuting.

But as my kids are getting older, I wanted to get into something where it's easier to involve them and bring them along on activities. I always wanted to try offroading and always wanted a Wrangler so it was meant to be.

My offroading started by doing some wheeling on the Dunes of Cape Cod on our yearly family trip. And more recently, I've done the class at Rausch creek and may sign up for one with Overland Experts here in CT. I figure its best to learn with people who know what they're doing.

Unfortunately, there's no legal public land in CT. Besides taking trips to Rausch, which is 3-4 hours away, my best bet is to join a club and do rides with permission on private land. I just haven't met up with the local clubs yet and I'd like to make sure its a friendly atmosphere and open minded to newbs.

Anyway I'm happy to have found this forum.

Best
Oz

RamP

Hey OZ. welcome aboard. What part of CT are you from?
I'm in the same boat as far as land availability but am going to Rousch Creek myself in march.
The members here have a lot of knowledge and are always willing to answer any questions you may have so fire away.

ozmanyyy

We're probably neighbors. Lol
I'm in long hill. Right off rt. 111

No way, I didn't notice your location last night. I'm near Middlebrook school so yeah, we're definitely neighbors. Too funny, we'll have to hook up sometime.

It would be nice to have a few locals to go with and I have a couple of my neighbors, with Jeeps, on the fence.

Are you doing the 101 class or just going off on your own with a group ?

Oz

RamP

My good friend has a well prepped 05 four runner and I'm tagging along with him and the FJNortheasters club. It's their annual Easter run. It'll be my first time there.
PM me anytime to get together. I'm always biking or hiking in the valley with the kids.

ozmanyyy

My good friend has a well prepped 05 four runner and I'm tagging along with him and the FJNortheasters club. It's their annual Easter run. It'll be my first time there.
PM me anytime to get together. I'm always biking or hiking in the valley with the kids.

Sounds good, it was definitely a fun place, just wish it was closer. I'm thinking of joining one of the local clubs but haven't done it yet. There's two I've checked out online but am undecided. Are you in one ?

Small world, and small town, I'd guess we've probably already crossed paths either in the valley ( my kids like it there too ), Stop and Shop, Trumbull center etc,,,

Oz

RamP

No doubt we've waved to each other driving by. Lol
I'm not part of the local clubs yet. Looks like some if them go out once a month or so.

Top Bottom