Anyone have experience with these? D44 High steer knuckles...

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Anyone have experience with these? D44 High steer arms....

https://artecindustries.3dcartstores.com/High-Steer_c_136.html

I'd love to get my tie rod up higher.... with D44's you are generally stuck, this looks like a solid solution. I just got off the phone with them and it sounds like a solid solution. They offer a new trackbar mount that would need to be welded on, but accounts for the rise in the draglink.

I'm curious if anyone has any experience with this particular solution?

Here is a pic of the D44 knuckle.
d44-hsa-assembly-one.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know man, $800+ is a lot of money for 1" or so amount of ground clearnace you'll be getting for your tie-rod that you'll still end up hitting. If it were me, I would just use the money to get a heavy duty tie-rod like the kind that Currie makes. But again, that's just me.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Should be about $450 with all parts. I was thinking I could get a hydro assist mont fabbed similar to EVO's and attach the ram directly to the knuckle.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Moochie

Since I would have to buy the knuckles it would be closer to $1000 for this mod (parts only).

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I just measured, roughly of course, and it looks like center line on the tie rod would be raised about 5.5 inches. That's pretty significant. The question becomes will it smack the swaybar link under compression...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
$400 is still $400 and if you don't already have an HD tie rod, you're still gonna want one. At least, I would. Doesn't matter how much clearance you have, you're bound to hit your tie rod anyway sooner or later. Or, I would anyway 😣

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
$400 is still $400 and if you don't already have an HD tie rod, you're still gonna want one. At least, I would. Doesn't matter how much clearance you have, you're bound to hit your tie rod anyway sooner or later. Or, I would anyway 

I concur. I went thru far to many stock tie rods before I upgraded mine to a Currie.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
As do I. I run the Poly HD tie rod...

My rig is very far from stock.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Sorry I also realize I misrepresented what I was interested in...I updated the thread subject.

I'm interested in the highsteer arms to add to my Reid knuckles.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As do I. I run the Poly HD tie rod...

:thinking: Okay... so why even chime in on the Currie tie rod?

Sorry I also realize I misrepresented what I was interested in...I updated the thread subject.

I'm interested in the highsteer arms to add to my Reid knuckles.

Don't get me wrong but, I was under the impression that money was tight and that you had a lot of things that you needed to get fixed. Needless to say, I was just trying to save you some money by recommending things that are actually useful. Having said that, it sounds to me like you've already made up your mind here so why not just get it? :idontknow:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
:thinking: Okay... so why even chime in on the Currie tie rod?

I was looking at it to compare against what I have. Sorry, I was shocked at the price. Also clarifying that I do have a HD tie rod and not a OEM one.... Not sure why that's an issue.

Don't get me wrong but, I was under the impression that money was tight and that you had a lot of things that you needed to get fixed. Needless to say, I was just trying to save you some money by recommending things that are actually useful. Having said that, it sounds to me like you've already made up your mind here so why not just get it? :idontknow:

I haven't made up my mind. Fixing my steering and adding hydro assist is on my list. I'm simply looking at the best approach and asked about experience with the posted product or perhaps technical reasons to avoid. People commented about knuckles and tie rods, so I was clarifying some assumptions being made. Not sure why that's an issue either.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was looking at it to compare against what I have. Sorry, I was shocked at the price. Also clarifying that I do have a HD tie rod and not a OEM one.... Not sure why that's an issue.

Clarified and, not sure why you would think there was an issue. :idontknow: If you were still running a factory tie-rod, I would simply recommend that replacing it should be a higher priority.

I haven't made up my mind. Fixing my steering and adding hydro assist is on my list. I'm simply looking at the best approach and asked about experience with the posted product or perhaps technical reasons to avoid. People commented about knuckles and tie rods, so I was clarifying some assumptions being made. Not sure why that's an issue either.

Again, clarified and again, not sure why you think there was some kind of an issue. :idontknow:
As far as best approaches go, you're already well past the point of no return. At this point and time, you might as well just go all the way. There is no technical reason to not go with this setup, just a steep price to get there and for the money, I personally would have just saved up for a 60. But, that's a moot point and just what I would have done. :yup:

Any thing painted Orange is Cool ... That's a fact ..
The part looks great !!standard high steer stuff that has been used for years is always good to bring to the current model year.
As with anything Alway be carful of how much good money you put on something week or that you are going to out grow,
At some point a 60 would be cost effective . It especial makes sense if you never put any money in you 30 or 44 . I know because I see theses customers and there buyers remorse on a daily basic .

At a certain point my little Girl was spending so much on her EZ bake oven mixes ,I had her just start using the Big oven and it was cheaper and tasted better.

Top Bottom