Transmission Issue?

JackMo64

I have a ‘16 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. This is a third time issue that seems quite dangerous and scary to me. First time: I’m driving and exit onto a ramp. As I slow down to stop, the engine races as I have my foot on the brake, making me lunch forward, almost running into traffic. I have to punch the brake to the floor to try and stop, all the while the wheels keep spinning forward. Back end fish tails. Have to shove it into neutral. Almost like someone was pushing the gas pedal down. Took it into dealer. They said nothing appeared wrong. Uploaded something into vehicle to see if it corrects this. Happened second time, cannot find the problem! Again while slowing to a stop. Everything the same as above. Third time: Now happened in reverse as I was backing out from a parking stall. Again, reaction to hit the brakes hard, back wheels spin out and fish tail. Shift into neutral,then park. Just lucky nobody was behind me or it didn’t send me into another parked car. So is this transmission problem and how do you think I need to handle this at the dealership? Still under warranty. Bout ready to tell them to better fix it or give me a new Rubicon. If I trade, I’m gonna get screwed. Anyway, sorry for the first time rant but need some expert advice please and thanks!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I have a ‘16 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. This is a third time issue that seems quite dangerous and scary to me. First time: I’m driving and exit onto a ramp. As I slow down to stop, the engine races as I have my foot on the brake, making me lunch forward, almost running into traffic. I have to punch the brake to the floor to try and stop, all the while the wheels keep spinning forward. Back end fish tails. Have to shove it into neutral. Almost like someone was pushing the gas pedal down. Took it into dealer. They said nothing appeared wrong. Uploaded something into vehicle to see if it corrects this. Happened second time, cannot find the problem! Again while slowing to a stop. Everything the same as above. Third time: Now happened in reverse as I was backing out from a parking stall. Again, reaction to hit the brakes hard, back wheels spin out and fish tail. Shift into neutral,then park. Just lucky nobody was behind me or it didn’t send me into another parked car. So is this transmission problem and how do you think I need to handle this at the dealership? Still under warranty. Bout ready to tell them to better fix it or give me a new Rubicon. If I trade, I’m gonna get screwed. Anyway, sorry for the first time rant but need some expert advice please and thanks!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

it would help if you list the mods you have or fill out your profile regarding your Jeep.

I've had that happen on my 2010 shortly after I bought it and luckily before I made any modifications.

Dealer couldn't find any codes but they changed out the gas pedal assembly, haven't had any issues since.

Do you have Lemon Law in your state? if so, find out what your rights are

Since you are under warranty and the dealer has already attempted an initial repair, document the issues, take to the dealer after each time and document that as well.

Do not attempt to do the repair yourself while it's under warranty.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Your problem sounds more of a communications/sensor issue/s than a mechanical issue with your transmission. I would take I back again and let the dealer know exactly what has happened since you were last there.

I’m glad you have been able to avoid an accident so far with this lunging issue. I would be very apprehensive to drive your rig in traffic until it is fixed.

mhornco

Not saying you did this, but I had this happen twice before I realized it was me. My other vehicle seems to have the gas pedal a little further right, so muscle memory was causing an issue. Depending on the shoe I was wearing when I hit the brakes I was inadvertently hitting the edge of the gas pedal and pushing it down as well. Scared the heck out of me. The harder I pressed the brake the harder I was pressing the gas pedal. Once I figured it out and adjusted to the jeep, never happened again.

Top Bottom