2015 budget lift and 285's

jeeeep

Hooked
My daughter has caught the Jeep aesthetics bug and has asked if I would put the wheel/tire combo I removed from my 2010 - 315/70/17 on the 2015.

It's a 2015 Sport completely stock that will never see the dirt.

I don't want to put the 315's on because of the additional mods that would be required so i'm leaning towards a 1.75" spacer budget boost with 285's to keep all other components in their stock configuration.

Are there any other suspension changes I should be aware of?

I'm thinking 285's and a budget boost will not affect caster nor the drive shafts enough to be of concern for a street only Jeep.

I know I'll need to program for the 285's and have that covered.

Thanks all

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
My daughter has caught the Jeep aesthetics bug and has asked if I would put the wheel/tire combo I removed from my 2010 - 315/70/17 on the 2015.

It's a 2015 Sport completely stock that will never see the dirt.

I don't want to put the 315's on because of the additional mods that would be required so i'm leaning towards a 1.75" spacer budget boost with 285's to keep all other components in their stock configuration.

Are there any other suspension changes I should be aware of?

I'm thinking 285's and a budget boost will not affect caster nor the drive shafts enough to be of concern for a street only Jeep.

I know I'll need to program for the 285's and have that covered.

Thanks all
You shouldn't have to adjust anything except maybe longer shocks. Everything else shouldn't be affected.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
My wife's Jeep is running the Evo leveling kit which is slightly taller in the front (than a budget boost) with 285s. Nothing else was needed. We did trim fenders though.

jeeeep

Hooked
If your not getting off-road, I see no reason for longer shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's what I was thinking since it's going to be street only.

My wife's Jeep is running the Evo leveling kit which is slightly taller in the front (than a budget boost) with 285s. Nothing else was needed. We did trim fenders though.

good to know, I thought those tires were much taller :thumb:

sparkie2413

We’re running 285/70R17 on stock wheels at 30psi. ‘17 JKU Rubicon. No wheel spacers, just needed (3) 3/8” flat washers on each front steer stop to avoid very minimal rubbing at full wheel lock. The Speedo was off a few mph.

MrEmmDubya

I have 285 Good Year Duratracs. It changed my Speedo by about 2mph and the shift points changed bit. I did use a programmer and the Speedo is accurate and the Jeep shifts like I expect it to now.

Houndy95

I am running 285's on a EVO leveling kit, stock wheels and some spacers. The spacers are not needed, I didn't have any rubbing but choose to add them to give me a little wider stance. Nothing else done other than changing tire size with my procal.
Photo Jan 26, 3 29 11 PM.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
I have 285 Good Year Duratracs. It changed my Speedo by about 2mph and the shift points changed bit. I did use a programmer and the Speedo is accurate and the Jeep shifts like I expect it to now.

Looks like the consensus is that it will require a tuner :thumb:

If all you need is to program tire size watch cl for a Procal. They are $170 new but I just got a new unopened one for $100.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Luckily I already have a flashcal. I was going to replace my older flashpaq but never got around to it - karma :yup:

I am running 285's on a EVO leveling kit, stock wheels and some spacers. The spacers are not needed, I didn't have any rubbing but choose to add them to give me a little wider stance. Nothing else done other than changing tire size with my procal.
View attachment 292481

Your Jeep looks good.

The wheels I plan to use have 3.5" back space so hoping there's no rubbing.

JKbrick

Looks like the consensus is that it will require a tuner :thumb:

Luckily I already have a flashcal. I was going to replace my older flashpaq but never got around to it - karma :yup:

Your Jeep looks good.

The wheels I plan to use have 3.5" back space so hoping there's no rubbing.

Here is Brick, 285s and 3.5” backspacing
IMG_0437.JPG
I’m sure you’ve seen it before

Clutch

Caught the Bug
The wheels I plan to use have 3.5" back space so hoping there's no rubbing.[/QUOTE]

You will definitely not have rubbing with 3.5” backspacing.

BaddestCross

Sorry, didn't want to be a downer. 🤣

As said by another, a Procal would be a cheap fix if the other features of something like a Flashpaq aren't going to be required/desired for someone on the trail.

If you've got a spare Flashcal, that's perfect. 👍

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

jeeeep

Hooked
Sorry, didn't want to be a downer. ��

As said by another, a Procal would be a cheap fix if the other features of something like a Flashpaq aren't going to be required/desired for someone on the trail.

If you've got a spare Flashcal, that's perfect. ��

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I agree the FlashCal is overkill and the Procal would be all that's needed but since I already have a FlashCal that's been sitting on the shelf, I may as well put it to use.

Top Bottom