TreadWright Tires

Mikecal9985

Hey guys! I’m in the market for some new tires and came across the TreadWright Claw II tires. They are manufactured here in the good old USA. From what I’ve read about them, they are a bead to bead remold tire. They have different styles, a couple pretty aggressive looking tread pattern. I’m seeing if any of you have any experience with these tires. The price is very reasonable as well. For a set of 35x12.50R18 I’m looking at around $800 shipped. Any input would be great!! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Hey guys! I’m in the market for some new tires and came across the TreadWright Claw II tires. They are manufactured here in the good old USA. From what I’ve read about them, they are a bead to bead remold tire. They have different styles, a couple pretty aggressive looking tread pattern. I’m seeing if any of you have any experience with these tires. The price is very reasonable as well. For a set of 35x12.50R18 I’m looking at around $800 shipped. Any input would be great!! Thanks

Retreading a tire is always a bad idea! There is a tread or two that goes into more detail.

BaddestCross

According to them they “remold the tire”, not retread. Not sure if there is much difference but remolding is supposed to be better. Idk [emoji848]

Yeah, I forgot what they called their process... They still suck. There's a popular Jeep YouTuber that received a set for testing just in the last month or so. He was taking an overland trip from San Diego to Baja for their first trip. I'm pretty sure they made it just across the border - all highway driving - and one of the "remolded" tires came apart.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

TrailHunter

Hooked
Dude on Youtube put these on his JK... while he was on a trip one tire separated.... Soon after he took them off his Jeep. I know that's just one guy, but F&#K that... You won't see a Cooper, Nitto or BFG doing that.... How much are you really saving by not going with a proven Tire?

Edit: BaddestCross beat me to it.... that was the guy... in Baja.

Mikecal9985

Yeah, I forgot what they called their process... They still suck. There's a popular Jeep YouTuber that received a set for testing just in the last month or so. He was taking an overland trip from San Diego to Baja for their first trip. I'm pretty sure they made it just across the border - all highway driving - and one of the "remolded" tires came apart.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Oh geez!! Hahah

jorgelrod

Hooked
There's a YouTuber I follow called Trailrecon, he's part of the San Diego Jeep club. I don't know if he bought them or the company gave him a set to review but in his video where they went to Baja one of the tires had the retread separate from the carcass on his drive and he had to stop the convoy to swap the tire and after that trip he got rid of them. Wouldn't use them if they gave them to me for free.

Scrambler

I’ve written about these tires multiple times in the various threads that have popped up. I would suggest not going this route. These tires left me stranded more than once. The good news is, they do warranty their tires and are quick to send a new one out, but is it really worth the hassle?

A.J.

They are recaps. Specifically a mold cure recap. Basically rubber molded onto an old casing. Several potential problems here. Casing variance ( not all 35" tires measure the same) so the casing can get distorted in the mold. The casings have been on the road for several thousand miles and you don't know what they have been through( impacts, repairs etc.) might be ok for farm or light weight buggy use, but not on the hwy on a heavy truck/jeep in hot weather with my kids in the vehicle. This is the short version, lots of if this and what about that talk. Just not a good idea.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

I don't understand why people buy these. Tires are your most vital form of traction.
Lockers won't do anything if your tires can't hook up. It's like buying a sports car and putting cheap Chinese all seasons on it.
Good tires are expensive for a reason. The amount of blowouts on these things is terrifying.

BobNH

You can get all the feedback you want on retread tires by just going one exit in either direction on any interstate highway. No thanks.
I would also assume they would be fine for a strickttly off road, crawling and mud type application, there is just no way I would take one down the road.
YMMV

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Companies have been retreading truck tires for many years. It is illegal to run retreads on the steering axle of semis. If the dot doesn’t trust them to turn without coming apart I wouldn’t trust them to do anything.

Jsouder53

Hooked
A friend of mine had a set of their tires and they would not balance, he said it was like driving a paint mixer. He had them for a week then went with STT Pros.

Top Bottom