JL Hood Latches on a JK?

Bustedback

Anybody know if JL hood latches will work on a JK? I’m not a fan of the aftermarket latches and tired of the hood flutter.

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Is hood flutter common,still have the stock latches on my 17 and I’ve yet to see any flutter.[emoji631]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Go to the expressway and hit 70+ with the wind coming at you and you will see it.

Funny, I posted about this when they first showed them but there was no way of knowing for sure. But now that Eddie got Jet Li, maybe he can answer that for us...

zimm

Caught the Bug
Yup, the daystar rubber thingies fix it for me too. The instructions say not to install them below 70 degrees for the first time though, because they're TIGHT.

I read somewhere in the press release stuff that the JL side vents are to prevent hood flutter. So maybe the latches alone, even if they fit, might not fix it.

Bustedback

Go to the expressway and hit 70+ with the wind coming at you and you will see it.

Funny, I posted about this when they first showed them but there was no way of knowing for sure. But now that Eddie got Jet Li, maybe he can answer that for us...

Yeah, 70mph against the wind and having a logging truck blow past you in the opposite direction definitely makes the hood raise to unnerving heights. I have the Bolt hood lock, it helps, but there’s still quite a bit of flutter.

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

Top Bottom