gear display while driving

Grobbcat

this may be my jeep only but i had to turn off my gear display while driving... because even thou i like this feature... when i get to "6" gear the "6" is crooked.... 1,2,3,4,5,7,8 are perfect but the 6 is "tilted"

is anyone else noticing this on their 2018 jl's

thank you

greg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed. Can you post a pic of this. I don't seem to have any issues with what I see :idontknow:

Grobbcat

tilted "6" gear

Can you show what you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

its a little tough to see in this pic... the "6" for the gear next to "D" for drive is tilting to the left... but all the other gears are perfectly straight... must be my OCD but had to turn this feature off so i didn't see it anymore...

Attachments

• IMG_6386.jpg
    IMG_6386.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 205

Parks34

its a little tough to see in this pic... the "6" for the gear next to "D" for drive is tilting to the left... but all the other gears are perfectly straight... must be my OCD but had to turn this feature off so i didn't see it anymore...

No i definitely see it's cooked to the left. That's stupid lol i couldn't deal with that

Grobbcat

can anyone out there confirm their 18 JL is doing the same thing?

A.J.

Definitely your OCD. Just stop staring at it and you'll be fine. I can't even imagine what you might go through putting on a sticker. Lol!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Haha!! Great first post after 3 1/2 years. Tilt your head to the left... or a 1” spacer on the left side only. [emoji1360]

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
How about the colon on the clock display? Doesn't look centered with the height of the numbers?

JAGS

Hooked
Diffinitely leaning to the left. Are you a big guy? Maybe get out of the Jeep and see if the S straightens out. Or have a smaller driver drive while in 6th and you in the passenger side. That might work. Or just add more fuel as the tank is on the passengers side. Last thing I can think of would be to check tire pressure or your front sway bar links. [emoji106] Good luck and hope that fixes it. [emoji41]

Zevulin

this may be my jeep only but i had to turn off my gear display while driving... because even thou i like this feature... when i get to "6" gear the "6" is crooked.... 1,2,3,4,5,7,8 are perfect but the 6 is "tilted"

is anyone else noticing this on their 2018 jl's

thank you

greg

A crooked number is a phrase for when a team scores two or more runs in an inning, are you a baseball fan?

SDG

Caught the Bug
LoL... It's the font they choose combined with the screen resolution when the LCD renders it. It's not crooked, it's that way on purpose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
Forget the leaning “6”...

What about the 3 different fonts for the three “3s” and the uppercase “MPH” but lowercase “mi”?

It’s like the copy editor went on strike.

Top Bottom