Shocks

WJCO

Meme King
Ride quality is dependent upon what different people want. Lots of brands out there including Fox, Rancho, Bilstein, King, etc.

jeeeep

Hooked
Shocks are subjective depending on how you plan to use your Jeep.

it's easy to say "X" brand is the best but, if you don't use them for their intended design, they're going to suck ass.

I've found even in the "Jeep specific made" shocks, there's still tweaking to be done. They get you close if you're in the profile of the Jeep used for testing but Jeep weight, driving conditions, off-road use, modifications, all affect the final shock performance.

Do your research and decide how you use your rig 90% of the time and get your shocks for that use. You give up some performance the other 10% but IMO better to have the ride you want 90% of the time.

If you have access to a shop that understands shocks and can help you tune them to your Jeep you can get them the way you like for your use. I've never had it done but I know there are shops that provide that service.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I agree with Jeeep. Dialing them in is key. Depending on the shop, they can adjust some shocks, or order a set of Rancho 9000s or King 2.5s that are adjustable. You can dial them in according to your jeep, what it’s loaded with and what the terrain and speeds are like. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I agree with Jeeep. Dialing them in is key. Depending on the shop, they can adjust some shocks, or order a set of Rancho 9000s or King 2.5s that are adjustable. You can dial them in according to your jeep, what it’s loaded with and what the terrain and speeds are like. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yup, Rancho 9000's or King 2.5's.

Fox pairs well with stiff springs, not so good with soft ones like Evo.

I've run rancho 9000's (on a CJ), Fox performance 2.0 in both lengths (2-4" and 4-6"), and now Evo spec King 2.5's.

Top Bottom