Rock Hard 4X4 rear LCA skids install and praise!

jsukey

Hey guys, just wanted to share my experience with the new Rock Hard 4X4 LCA skids that came in today. Once again...nothing but a great product! Their shipping was super fast! I ordered them Tuesday afternoon, and they showed up this morning! I also installed their beefy transmission crossmember today as well. You can find that in post #190 here: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/51044-WIN-a-ROCK-HARD-DOUBLEWALL-TRANSMISSION-CROSSMEMBER!

I already had weld on skids on my front axle, so the rear was all that I needed. I never really worried about the rear though. It wasn't until I started installing these today, that I realized how flared out the ears were from the rocks that I've landed on over the years. It did take a little BFH massage to get them lined up enough to clear the skids. Once I had that though, the install was fast and easy. One bolt per side. I used an air impact, so that definitely helped. They need to be torqued down to 130 ft lbs., so be prepared for that! I love the notch so you can get your grease gun to the grease zerk. Unfortunately for me, I don't have a wrench big enough to break the joint loose to flip the zerk fitting down. I'll do that later at my buddies shop.

My apologies, but I just realized that I forgot to take pics of them when I took them out of the box. All I have are the final installation pics. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

IMG_0860.JPG
IMG_0861.JPG

Top Bottom