JKUR Sway Bar disconnect not working.

Cooker

After my last wheeling event a couple weeks ago I found the electrical connector to the electronic Sway bar unit to be hanging from the from of my JK. I plugged it back in however, now when I try to disengage my sway bar via the switch on my dash board, nothing happens. It stays connected. I believe I may have hit the sway bar unit on a rock or something to knock off the connector. A little background: I installed an Evolution front stubby bumper several month ago and I had to rotate the Sway bar unit which exposed the plastic connector to a possible rock attack. Otherwise I do not think anyone would have this problem. Has anyone ever experienced this problem? I checked the fuse and it looked good for the sway bar motor. I may just take the unit off and just go with a manual sway bar disconnect. I wanted to keep this stock for now or until I score some new axles. It is a 2013 Rubicon 4door. Any comments?

Tackerdown

Banned
After my last wheeling event a couple weeks ago I found the electrical connector to the electronic Sway bar unit to be hanging from the from of my JK. I plugged it back in however, now when I try to disengage my sway bar via the switch on my dash board, nothing happens. It stays connected. I believe I may have hit the sway bar unit on a rock or something to knock off the connector. A little background: I installed an Evolution front stubby bumper several month ago and I had to rotate the Sway bar unit which exposed the plastic connector to a possible rock attack. Otherwise I do not think anyone would have this problem. Has anyone ever experienced this problem? I checked the fuse and it looked good for the sway bar motor. I may just take the unit off and just go with a manual sway bar disconnect. I wanted to keep this stock for now or until I score some new axles. It is a 2013 Rubicon 4door. Any comments?

http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-NOLIMITS&cat=27

Hey cooker, I just had mine looked at by my dealer. They didn't ask questions and others have seemed to have good luck getting there's replaced under warranty.

Cooker

Sway bar disconnect.

thanks for the responses. After I entered my post I noticed someone with the same problem. Seems like an issue that will not go away. I went ahead and ordered the EVO manual disconnect just to get it over with. The dealer may give me some grief since I spun my disconnect unit 180degrees per the directions on installing the EVO front stubby bumper. I thought they would say that this mod caused my disconnect unit to be damaged. Then I had to leave the room, digestive/abdominal problem. :bleh:

MTG

Caught the Bug
thanks for the responses. After I entered my post I noticed someone with the same problem. Seems like an issue that will not go away. I went ahead and ordered the EVO manual disconnect just to get it over with. The dealer may give me some grief since I spun my disconnect unit 180degrees per the directions on installing the EVO front stubby bumper. I thought they would say that this mod caused my disconnect unit to be damaged. Then I had to leave the room, digestive/abdominal problem. :bleh:

Need to take mine in too. I figured they were going to say the same thing so I am rotating back down before I head in.

rtguy1

I use the evo no limits disco. Works great. Way better than the old Jks discos I had before landing a used rubi disco.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I smashed the hell out of my disconnect motor too. They are $2100 at the dealer but I picked one up on ebay for $300. Got a new harness at the dealer and the flip bolt from a vendor. Now its all tucked up under my EVO stubby bumper and I'm ready to go.
Side note: after a hard trail where I smashed it, I had to drive home 500+ miles disconnected. That was well below average!

jelliott076

I smashed the hell out of my disconnect motor too. They are $2100 at the dealer but I picked one up on ebay for $300. Got a new harness at the dealer and the flip bolt from a vendor. Now its all tucked up under my EVO stubby bumper and I'm ready to go.
Side note: after a hard trail where I smashed it, I had to drive home 500+ miles disconnected. That was well below average!

Anything wrong with totally removing the motor and going with the empty space? I use the JKS manual disconnectors and love them.
My JK over the last two days has been having a weird issue where she will sound three warning bells, then the Swaybar Disconnect indicator will come on and the JK stalls. I just posted it here int JK Tech.

TheDuff

Anything wrong with totally removing the motor and going with the empty space? I use the JKS manual disconnectors and love them.
My JK over the last two days has been having a weird issue where she will sound three warning bells, then the Swaybar Disconnect indicator will come on and the JK stalls. I just posted it here int JK Tech.

Have checked the plug for corrosion, loose pins, signs of moisture, or just plain not on all the way? Ive seen other threads on sway bar problems. The stalling sounds odd though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

jelliott076

Have checked the plug for corrosion, loose pins, signs of moisture, or just plain not on all the way? Ive seen other threads on sway bar problems. The stalling sounds odd though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

I gave it a quick once over after my run to Jacumba this weekend. I submerged it completely in a puddle of mud so thick and nasty it look like this:
Laxative Truck.jpg

A loose wire would explain alot but not the stall. I'm doing a pretty detailed look at all of the wiring under the hood. I did break one of my undercarriage lights in a rock attack and the wiring is exposed. Didn't realize that until now. 20130224_213136_8b.jpg .

Who knows...?

I use the evo no limits disco. Works great. Way better than the old Jks discos I had before landing a used rubi disco.

Have you disco'd the sway bar in 2wd and had any lights come on? or when you locked it back up has the light stayed on or flashed or anything?

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Anything wrong with totally removing the motor and going with the empty space?
I use the e-disconnect extensively, as a tool. when we get way off camber with that tippy feeling I just connect the sway bar back up for a minute and the Jeep stiffens right up. LOVE that as a tool.

Top Bottom