EVO Body Mounted Tire Carrier Stops

For anyone with the body/rockskin mounted cage carrier, have you tried anything to limit the range that the carrier opens? I've been tying a strap from my tow hook to the carrier whenever I'm parked on ground that leans towards the passenger side or towards the front. It would be nice to be able to keep it in one position and not risk hitting another car next to me.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ah my bad. I was thinking this one for some reason. If you adjust the heim joints so that the carrier is not perfectly straight it won’t rattle and it will stay open. Nothing will work on a steep hill obviously but the misaligned joints is the best for noise and keeping it tight.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ah my bad. I was thinking this one for some reason. If you adjust the heim joints so that the carrier is not perfectly straight it won’t rattle and it will stay open. Nothing will work on a steep hill obviously but the misaligned joints is the best for noise and keeping it tight.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'll definitely spend a day messing with it. The upper joints are already set shorter than the lower ones. I'll also see what can be done with the passenger side mounts, like add a pin to stop the joints at a certain angle

Top Bottom