How To Wire Dual Color LED Light Bar To Switch Panel

KJs JK

I recently purchased a 23" light bar that has dual color, amber and white, and wanted to wire it into my Apollointech Overhead Switch Panel. But i wanted to wire the different colors to different switches so one switch would activate the amber and another would activate the white LEDs.
The manufacturer of the LED Bar, Chinese AUTOFEEL, wants you to purchase a 'controller' for the dual color LED bar, however i did not want to carry around a FOB, and wanted to use my new switch panel so i figured out how to use two relays to achieve this goal.
How they tried to ensure the purchase of their 'controller' was to have one positive wire for both lights, and separate grounds, which created a problem with the switch panel since it is always grounded. Any attempt to turn one of the colors on would turn them both on.
Below is how i utilized relays to get the result i wanted, just thought i'd share since i could not find information at all for installing relays on the ground side of a switch in this manner, and AUTOFEEL was not keen on providing me with schematics for either the 'controller' or the LED light bar itself.
LED Light Bar Wiring Pic.png
Jeep 1.jpg
jeep 2.jpg

Attachments

• LED Light Bar Wiring Pic.png
    LED Light Bar Wiring Pic.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

WW_Svi

Just make sure you’re positive wire to the light is fused. Using a low side switch means that the led or wiring before the relay can short and you will be drawing a lot current without being able to turn it off.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^This. Good work setting up the ground switch (a fair amount of non-US aftermarket lights work using a ground switch) but definitely fuse the red power wire from the battery to the light.

Help!

I recently purchased a 23" light bar that has dual color, amber and white, and wanted to wire it into my Apollointech Overhead Switch Panel. But i wanted to wire the different colors to different switches so one switch would activate the amber and another would activate the white LEDs.
The manufacturer of the LED Bar, Chinese AUTOFEEL, wants you to purchase a 'controller' for the dual color LED bar, however i did not want to carry around a FOB, and wanted to use my new switch panel so i figured out how to use two relays to achieve this goal.
How they tried to ensure the purchase of their 'controller' was to have one positive wire for both lights, and separate grounds, which created a problem with the switch panel since it is always grounded. Any attempt to turn one of the colors on would turn them both on.
Below is how i utilized relays to get the result i wanted, just thought i'd share since i could not find information at all for installing relays on the ground side of a switch in this manner, and AUTOFEEL was not keen on providing me with schematics for either the 'controller' or the LED light bar itself.
View attachment 293074
View attachment 293003
View attachment 293004

This is true, I have mine fused and I forgot it in the diagram.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I tried wiring an autofeel 2 color light bar with your diagram. But I couldn't get it to work with my set up. What kind of switches do u have? 5 pin rockers or something else. I was hopeful to use the 5 pin rockers cause it looks better in the 4runner. Help please.

Top Bottom