Tires and Tires

ibis9999

Hi Folks. I have a stock 2016 Wrangler JKU Backcountry Edition. Right now it has stock LT26570/R17 BF Goodrich KO2 Tires. I would like to know what is the largest and widest tire i can install on the stock jeep 17" rim. I would also consider using spacers but you would have to tell me what size spacer and if they are safe. Thank you.

WJCO

Meme King
Vanv39 here put 37x13.50s on his factory Rubicon wheels with 1.5 inch Spidertrax spacers. No issues that he's had that I know of. If you're getting spacers, get Spidertrax, don't settle for the cheap ones.

IMG_20180212_190222_999.jpg

IMG_20180212_190256_642.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug
I ran Nitto Trail Grappler 37x12.50s on stock wheels for a while, with Spidertrax 1.75” spacers. It worked fine. But as I recall the stock wheels are 1/2” narrower than the minimum recommended width for 12.50” wide tires, so you may have trouble finding a shop to install them. A “by the rules” shop may well decline to do it. Also, the narrower width of stock wheels tends to bow out the tire tread a little, making them noticeably louder (at least in my experience) than the same tires mounted on a wider wheel.

IMG_3881.JPG

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Vanv39 here put 37x13.50s on his factory Rubicon wheels with 1.5 inch Spidertrax spacers. No issues that he's had that I know of. If you're getting spacers, get Spidertrax, don't settle for the cheap ones.

Bummer that he sold it and bought an F150... I wanted to see how far that Jeep would go on stock axles with the 13.50's

I appreciate the reply but i do not want to get into cutting fenders at this point.

I don’t think they were referencing the fenders being cut or really even the overall look of the but rather using the pictures as a good example as to what you can get away with running stock wheels. [emoji482]

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Hi Folks. I have a stock 2016 Wrangler JKU Backcountry Edition. Right now it has stock LT26570/R17 BF Goodrich KO2 Tires. I would like to know what is the largest and widest tire i can install on the stock jeep 17" rim. I would also consider using spacers but you would have to tell me what size spacer and if they are safe. Thank you.

Probably 285/70R17 with no suspension lift, and stock fenders. You may still need wheel spacers. You can put the tires on and see if they rub anything, before you buy spacers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Probably 285/70R17 with no suspension lift, and stock fenders. You may still need wheel spacers. You can put the tires on and see if they rub anything, before you buy spacers.

^this. I did this for a while without spacers. Depending on your front bumper you may rub there a little and may need to adjust the steer stops to keep off the frame at full lock. Not a big deal

Top Bottom