Found t-case leak.

DanJK2007

Finally found the leak. It wasn’t any seal, or bolt anywhere on the case itself. Instead, i have a crack in my t-case: any suggestions on a fix? Or is a full replacement in order? Image1518583761.251739.jpg Image1518583771.645892.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
If your vent is free and clear (as it likely is), there's no fluid pressure in the tcase, it's just a sump. So as long as that crack isn't in a really stressful area as the vehicle drives, you can clean it real good with brakeclean, mask off areas around it with aluminum foil, and spray a few coats of FlexSeal or Permatex Undercoating on the crack. It won't look pretty, but it will work. I've fixed a few tcase cracks like that. Now if it's a crack that stress will make it grow longer, eventually the tcase will have to be replaced.

DanJK2007

If your vent is free and clear (as it likely is), there's no fluid pressure in the tcase, it's just a sump. So as long as that crack isn't in a really stressful area as the vehicle drives, you can clean it real good with brakeclean, mask off areas around it with aluminum foil, and spray a few coats of FlexSeal or Permatex Undercoating on the crack. It won't look pretty, but it will work. I've fixed a few tcase cracks like that. Now if it's a crack that stress will make it grow longer, eventually the tcase will have to be replaced.

Ok gotcha. Thanks for the advice !

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RioGrandeJK

I had this happen on a Blazer once after replacing the blown transfer case with a junk yard transfer case, without replacing it the best I found was sand it. Clean with brake cleaner, and skim some JB Weld on there.

Top Bottom