Rear shafts and ARB

I’m in the last stage of ordering everything for my axle upgrades. I just need to order the rear ARB and wanted some input on rear shafts.
I’m torn between just reusing my factory shafts and getting the appropriate ARB carrier or spending the extra $$$ for 35 spline chromoly shafts and getting the matching ARB.

How strong are the factory shafts and is it worth the extra cash and little extra labor? I’m running 37’s now on a 2014 JKU sport. 40’s aren’t in our future. Wheeling style, I’ll try anything a couple times but if I have to beat to make it, I’ll go around or winch up.

Thanks all!

J

JKDream

I’m in the last stage of ordering everything for my axle upgrades. I just need to order the rear ARB and wanted some input on rear shafts.
I’m torn between just reusing my factory shafts and getting the appropriate ARB carrier or spending the extra $$$ for 35 spline chromoly shafts and getting the matching ARB.

How strong are the factory shafts and is it worth the extra cash and little extra labor? I’m running 37’s now on a 2014 JKU sport. 40’s aren’t in our future. Wheeling style, I’ll try anything a couple times but if I have to beat to make it, I’ll go around or winch up.

Thanks all!

I just went through this debate and ended up doing the upgrade. I bought shafts with a warranty that covers bent flanges.
That alone was worth the extra money. In reality, if you think you will, or have bent your flanges already it's worth spending the money to upgrade.
Chromo's can still bend, but at least they're warrantied. And a bent flange won't leave you stranded. The stock shafts aren't weak, but they aren't very strong either.
Both of my stock rears were bent, pushing 37's with an LSD at the time.

Exodus 4x4

Every time a customer comes to me about a re-gear I ALWAYS suggest upgrading to 35 spline. You’re going to spend the same money on the locker, you might as well spend a little more and upgrade to the larger shafts. On and by the way, we do sell a nice ARB/Revolution 35 spline kit for the rear axle.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great thanks guys. Ordered chromoly 35 spline shafts today. They come with bearings and new studs. Should I be ordering new backing plates or can I reuse the ones on my factory shafts?

Top Bottom