Rock Lights

Rocralr

Hi everyone. I did a search but I did not find what I was looking for. My question is should I use white rock lights or if I go to a color I would go with red. Is white too blinding? What do you think and what do you have? Thanks.

WJCO

Meme King
As cool as the colors look, white seems to be the only color that really allows you to see well as far as function. I believe some companies make multi-colored ones that you can change with a simple push of a button.

Rocralr

Hi everyone. I did a search and nothing came up. As soon as I posted I saw several other related posts. Maybe I did it wrong but sorry for adding another post. Feel free to delete it if you want. All is good. Thanks.

BaddestCross

I run both. White when you really need to see what's going on under the Jeep and red for scene lighting for when you don't want to mess with your night vision. Also, I think it looks cool but I do have angel eye halos, so there's that. 😎
IMG_20171125_233150_240.jpg
I'm not cool enough for 20s or a Grumper though. 😂

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I run red because I do a lot of night photography and it saves the night vision along with not affecting the exposure so much. If you’re planning to use them to crawl and want to see the rocks I’d go with white.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
On my first night trip (Cane's Creek, Moab) only one rig had rock lights. It was so much easier to spot him. The rest of us all made mental notes to add them before the next trip out there. One dude had neon green halos. Green lighting didn't help much in the rocks.

View attachment 293158

aTX427

I installed white, because I had the lights from another project, but don't mind color. It helps knowing who is who in a group. White is the easiest to see and spot for if used for the intended purpose though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aTX427

On my first night trip (Cane's Creek, Moab) only one rig had rock lights. It was so much easier to spot him. The rest of us all made mental notes to add them before the next trip out there. One dude had neon green halos. Green lighting didn't help much in the rocks.

View attachment 293158

Can't wait to go back to Moab. That section of Kane Creek is so much fun at night. Rock lights work a hell of a lot better than cell phones.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom