Adding accent color to EVO cut out.

Wowcool

Hi all! I am looking to add a bit of color to the EVO cutouts on the rock skins and on the rear fascia. What is recommended to accomplish this? Do I need to buy some type of material to paint, and place it in between the car body and the armor? And if so, what can I do to make sure the piece won’t move around?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jackal01

I bought a sheet of blue anodized aluminum. Used JB Weld to attach. Put it on my quarter pounder and rock skins prior to installing sliders.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Lol I was cheap and bought a couple of red plastic folders like kids use for school. Just cut them to cover the cutout and used a piece of tape to hold it in place until it was sandwiched in between during install. Pretty durable and still looks new.

WJCO

Meme King
Hi all! I am looking to add a bit of color to the EVO cutouts on the rock skins and on the rear fascia. What is recommended to accomplish this? Do I need to buy some type of material to paint, and place it in between the car body and the armor? And if so, what can I do to make sure the piece won’t move around?

Thanks in advance for the help!

On the fascia, you can't just paint the cross member. There's a cavity right behind the Evo cutout so it'll leave a black spot.

When we did ours, we painted a piece of stainless steel and welded it on to the under side of the fascia.

DSC04120.jpg

DSC04114.jpg

DSC04117.jpg

DSC04118.JPG

TonyViv

I personally don't like that so many companies these days like the laser cut out logo thing... I think they look better without nor do I want to be your freebee billboard....

T

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I personally don't like that so many companies these days like the laser cut out logo thing... I think they look better without nor do I want to be your freebee billboard....

T

How would you be able to tell tho one companies product from someone who ripped them off after the fact and made the same design but only cheaper?

Wowcool

On the fascia, you can't just paint the cross member. There's a cavity right behind the Evo cutout so it'll leave a black spot.

When we did ours, we painted a piece of stainless steel and welded it on to the under side of the fascia.

View attachment 293445

View attachment 293446

View attachment 293447

View attachment 293448

Awesome Idea! I like how clean this looks. I think I am going to try this. I just need to find someone who is a welder.

Top Bottom