Hood louvre

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Was wondering if these really help with engine temps. I was looking at either https://www.amazon.com/Poison-Spyde...automotive&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive or the https://www.amazon.com/EVO-Breach-S...8904964&sr=1-2-spell&keywords=Evo+hood+louvre

And then add the https://www.quadratec.com/p/ace-eng...07-16-jeep-wrangler-and-wrangler-unlimited-jk they are relatively inexpensive and seem they would do the job.

Last summer here in Montana, believe it or not it was running 100+ degrees and my engine was running a little on the warm side almost an eighth or more past center. Same thing when I was driving through Arizona. I was wondering if this would help keep temp down. Last summer I did a complete radiator flush and I added a transmission cooler two years ago.

Thanks for any input.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I would think either of those two would really help. I just did the Daystar vents not long ago and can even tell a difference with them.

IMG_0341.jpg

SSRuger

I have the poison spyder louver on my jeep in New Mexico. Cruising down the highway during the summer I dropped from around 206deg to 197deg, when go slow on forest roads, city driving I still get close to 220 though. I think it'll help if I remove my plastic engine cover though. It stands out amongst the other jeeps around and looks great in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Last summer here in Montana, believe it or not it was running 100+ degrees and my engine was running a little on the warm side almost an eighth or more past center.

That's totally normal. No need to spend the money unless you think it looks cool.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I have the PS louvre. I didn’t have overheating problems before and don’t now, so can’t really say whether it does anything to keep the engine cool. I got it more as an aesthetic accessory.

RageKage

I have one. No heating issues before install and none after. However you can definitely see and tell that the louvre is functioning the way it was designed. Nothing wrong with venting heat out of the engine bay more efficiently. I took this pic today after it snowed this morning. Jeep hasn’t been started at all today and you can see that the snow melted around the louvre because of the heat from the engine block heater. I put it on purely for cosmetics, but it functions amazingly. Without a temp sensor in the engine bay I really couldn’t tell you how much it helps, but it does do something. Image1518915662.181151.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Vinnielax

I was running a little hot and added in the EVO hood and also ripped out the fender liners and that really helped.

K_Lees762

I run the PSC one and really like it. Definitely helps in the summer when climbing up in the mountains. One down side is it lets water and mud in the top during the winter. A lot of people do seem to compliment it which no one hates to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked
I have the rubicon hood and cut the OEM louvers to make them more functional. Driving, the difference is hardly noticeable, you can notice the engine bay cool faster when you shut down the engine, but I have yet to notice a big difference in temps while the engine is running.

Top Bottom