CB antenna install on stock tire carrier

marshrat

Can you guys post me some pics on the way you have mounted your CB antenna to the stock tire carrier or other OEM points at the rear of your JK? Looking for DIY ideas or available mounts. I haven't decided what tire carrier to buy and did all the install work this past weekend. Thanks.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For the stock tire carrier, you've only really got one options to keep it stock tire carrier and that's to install a mount like what rugged ridge makes...

jkwranglercbmount_2.jpg

Cheap and easy to install.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
For the stock tire carrier, you've only really got one options to keep it stock tire carrier and that's to install a mount like what rugged ridge makes...

jkwranglercbmount_2.jpg

Yup. That's what I have. I had to grind down the base to make it fit but other then that it works well. Just be sure to ground out the mount for the antenna.

mtnbiker995

jkwranglercbmount_2.jpg

I have a homemade one that I kinda like better than this one, it mounts to the driver side of the carrier instead of the passenger. That allows the tailgate to not have to be opened up as far when trying to lift the rear glass. I'll take a pic of it in a little bit when I go outside. It's just made of a scrap piece of aluminum that I drilled 2 holes in

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mtnbiker995

Are you guys running ground straps at all. I assume from the bracket to the chassis.

No I actually am not running a ground strap. I thought I'd need to, but I haven't experienced any problems yet and the guy at my CB shop said he had no trouble at all tuning my antenna

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yep. That's the cooltech version I mentioned. Thanks for the pic as I don't run it but have seen it before. :thumb:

it works great. and when i moved to the swing out tire carrier i kept it. its mounted straight to the gate now and in the low position lets me run a 4 foot antenna no higher than a 3 foot on the rugged ridge model

TheDuff

I mounted my RR bracket on the driver side lower 2 holes. It makes my 4ft antenna sit low enough to just tap the garage door while pulling into the garage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Xodius

Banned
Or you can go homemade. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362004676.123075.jpg
I used a piece of angle iron I had left over from another build. Took off a little paint where it comes in contact with the tail gate, painted iron and works great for me. Only cost about 10 min of my time. :)

Top Bottom