Evo rear fascia wing nut.

Wowcool

Hey all. For those who have the EVO rear fascia, I was hoping you could help answer some questions regarding the wing nut. First of all, the rear wing nut is supposed to go in via the rear of the rear cross member correct? And from here, what is the best tool to cut off the wing? I can’t help but feel like I am going to cut more than the wing. Also, if anyone could please post photos or suggestions I would really appreciate that. See my attached photo. Don’t mind the hack job I did to my frame.[emoji23] IMG_1063.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
When we did ours, I messed it up and put it in from the back(that's what she said), and it was a PITA. However since you've already done this, I would say a Dremel with a cut off wheel would be your best bet for accuracy.

heavydutycut-offwheel24mm-6816.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I am not sure how else to get it into the rear crossmember than through the rear like that. I must be missing something.

The instructions on ours didn't mention the main hole on the outside, so I found that the nut almost fit through a hole behind the cross member so I trimmed it a little and it worked. I wish I had done some research as I would have used the same hole you did.

I bent it with a pry bar and shoved it in.

Yes. She told me that she wasn't to happy about that.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Guess I must be wrong on where it goes in. I’ve just never seen one with the tab sticking out like that.

WJCO

Meme King
Here's some pics of ours. We put the flag nut on the inboard side but did have to trim out the cross member hole. As far as the outboard one, I can't remember exactly how we did it but I think I was able to somehow get a wrench in there and hold it.

IMG_20180220_190345_032.jpg

IMG_20180220_190319_751.jpg

Wowcool

Here's some pics of ours. We put the flag nut on the inboard side but did have to trim out the cross member hole. As far as the outboard one, I can't remember exactly how we did it but I think I was able to somehow get a wrench in there and hold it.

View attachment 293875

View attachment 293876

Thanks for the pics! I like what you did because it hides the wing entirely. But I get a headache just thinking about how hard it will be to hold that thing in place while trying to secure the bolt.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for the pics! I like what you did because it hides the wing entirely. But I get a headache just thinking about how hard it will be to hold that thing in place while trying to secure the bolt.

Trimming the cross member was the pain. Holding it was easy. Once the threads get started, the flag nut tab will hit something and stay in place so all you have to do is tighten the outside without holding it. If I recall, we used a shorty wrench through that same hole and did the outboard nut first so we could hold it, then did the inboard one after that. But I can't remember for sure.

catahoula

Caught the Bug

The wing is suppose to be hidden and catch to tighten. Like Sharkey said, get some tape and then I attached it with a long screwdriver.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom