EVO 1/4lbr & Vacuum Relocation

J

JKDream

Ordering one of these today to replace my boat anchor of a front bumper.
I heard I need one of these vacuum relocations. Is there a specific one I need?
Looking at LOD as it's the cheapest.

Also for the crash bar, do you have to cut this off flush to the frame or can I leave a bit below in case I need to weld it back on? (inspections).

TrailHunter

Hooked
EVO 1/4lbr & Vacuum Relocation

Since you’re getting an EVO bumper.... get the EVO Vacuum relocation kit.

The EVO 1/4 requires cutting the crash bar off.

You have to rotate the Swaybar motor too... if you have a Rubi.

There is a good write up here somewhere....

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Thanks, I noticed this but it's more than double all of the others on the market.
Wondering if the alternatives work as well.

Oh... Not sure then.... I do know the EVO kit put that vacuum exactly where it needed to be for that bumper. And there is not a lot of room for play.

I would cut it flush, I did not and it ended up scraping the inside of the bumper when I installed it. I didn't notice until rust started to form. I plan on taking it off and grinding it flush this spring. As for the relocation bracket, I went the cheap route and found a place out of the way and zip tied it to a non-moving part on the frame.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ordering one of these today to replace my boat anchor of a front bumper.
I heard I need one of these vacuum relocations. Is there a specific one I need?
Looking at LOD as it's the cheapest.

Also for the crash bar, do you have to cut this off flush to the frame or can I leave a bit below in case I need to weld it back on? (inspections).

The lower chin needs to be cut off in order to install the 1/4 pounder but really, it's a benefit to do this. Here's a write-up I did for the vacuum relocation that should help out too.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/evo-mfg-2012-jk-vacuum-pump-relocation-kit

Top Bottom