After market headlights

amp0347

Hey everyone, I’m thinking about upgrading from my stock head lights to some LED lights. What kind of headlights do you all use and also is it worth the upgrade? I would like to have something a little brighter than the stock lights without blinding on coming traffic. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

critter812

Hey everyone, I’m thinking about upgrading from my stock head lights to some LED lights. What kind of headlights do you all use and also is it worth the upgrade? I would like to have something a little brighter than the stock lights without blinding on coming traffic. Thanks in advance

I got a set of Stock LED headlights that someone took off they are sweet! My wife's jeep we run Trucklight's and those are great too!

fiend

Caught the Bug
I have the Quadratech headlights. Definitely better than stock, and cheaper than Trucklights, JW Speakers, etc.

blackrubi14

I recently replaced my stock headlights and fog lights with JW Speaker LED's, what a difference and something I wish I had done a long time ago. Well worth the upgrade IMO.

JKU007FL

If you really need better headlights bite the bullet and get the JW Speaker, Recon or KC. The Chinese knock-offs according to many youtubers turn yellowish after few months, in this case you really get what you pay for. Don't believe Amazon reviews, most are from people who just have them for a few days.

ka-bar

Not at the top of my build list, but I’m interested in lights eventually. Can’t believe they still cost so much when the technology has gotten so cheap for household LED lighting. Not sure I even want to know what headlight replacements cost when they first came out…

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I’ve had my Trucklites (non-heated) installed since 2013. I have had zero issues and they perform great.

Make sure which ever LED light you go with that it has an individual anti-flicker Ballast for each light.

Bear_JT

Hooked
I have the Quadratec LED’s and they have been worth every penny so far. They are super bright and a major improvement over stock at a reasonable price.

BobNH

Another for JW Speakers. Awesome light, amazingly clarity. As to blinding traffic, you can fix that by aligning your headlights. It's quite simole and solves the issue. JW gives an alignment method, but I still had to tweak mine to get where they should really shine. This is true for all headlight upgrades, afaik. Generally you are blinded by some twat who figured "ooooooo, bright lights, look how far down the road they shine!" and never bothered to correct it. I pretty much never get flashed by oncoming drivers.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Houndy95

I run KC Hilites and love them. Well worth the investment in my opinion. There again anything is better than the stock halogens.

WW_Svi

I got the 2017 led lights and it’s a huge up grade. Literally night and day difference. If you don’t mind paying a bit extra over anti flicker harnesses you pay the dealership to update the 5sx sales code which is for led lights and removes the pwm. I opted for this route at a cost of $120 (1 hour of labor) because I didn’t want to be in the middle of no where and have a harness go bad or have to carry back ups just in case.

cocokrispes

Highly recommend the Me speakers 8700. I initially bought the pro comps for $300 But they felt cheap, did sit well, and the wiring harness wouldn't clip in properly. I returned them as fast as I could. My Jw speakers sit perfect, the harness clips on nicely. Took just a few mins to install. With the sale price of $450 from the original $900 ( sale still going on I believe) deffinatlly recommend them.
🍻

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

MrEmmDubya

I went with the JW Speaker 8700J. Couldn't be more pleased with them. Night and day difference is the best description......worth every penny in my eyes.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Highly recommend the Me speakers 8700. I initially bought the pro comps for $300 But they felt cheap, did sit well, and the wiring harness wouldn't clip in properly. I returned them as fast as I could. My Jw speakers sit perfect, the harness clips on nicely. Took just a few mins to install. With the sale price of $450 from the original $900 ( sale still going on I believe) deffinatlly recommend them.
[emoji482]

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

One of my harnesses wouldn’t clip either, but got a spare delivered and worked out fine.

nomorenoless

KC gravity have an amazing line in low beam so you don't blind the income traffic and the high beam really is high, I had an issue with mine, but I has been told is not common

Jkratt

Just installed a set of VisionX headlights and they work great. They have an adapter to run high and low beam together. They run $799 for the pair but a search through the internet you can find them for a bit over 500.

Top Bottom