Dynatrac ProGrip brake kit

Just ordered a Dynatrac ProGrip brake kit for when I install my new front axle next week. Just wondering if there are any “gotcha” issues I should look out for. I’ve done my own brake jobs for a long time now so I don’t foresee any issues but I’d like some input either way.

Ddays

Hooked
Should be zero issues. It's a very straightforward install. The only thing different than a standard brake job is that the caliper mount gets swapped out.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Just ordered a Dynatrac ProGrip brake kit for when I install my new front axle next week. Just wondering if there are any “gotcha” issues I should look out for. I’ve done my own brake jobs for a long time now so I don’t foresee any issues but I’d like some input either way.

Like the rest... Very easy to install. And very happy with performance

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another voice noting just how easy it is to install and how much happier you'll be with the performance :yup:

jeeeep

Hooked
easy install...

only possible issue is if your wheels don't fit around them - get one completed then put the wheel on to make sure you have clearance.

It sucks to get all 4 brakes done then discover the wheels won't fit around the caliper bracket and you have to take them off, put the stock units back on and wait for the new wheels to arrive :doh:

Jkratt

Pretty straight forward install. Just make sure you have all the necessary tools and a large c clamp to push the caliper piston back into the caliper so the new pads clear the rotor. If your like me you will wonder why you didn't do this sooner. Makes a major improvement on braking. I no longer worry about rear ending the car in front of me during a panic stop.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
easy install...

only possible issue is if your wheels don't fit around them - get one completed then put the wheel on to make sure you have clearance.

It sucks to get all 4 brakes done then discover the wheels won't fit around the caliper bracket and you have to take them off, put the stock units back on and wait for the new wheels to arrive :doh:

You can grind off a little of the caliper bracket, if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I’m running ATX chamber pros so I’m hoping to not have any issues with clearance but hey, that’s what grinders are for.

Your going to love them. It takes longer to raise and remove wheels than to install the Progrips. Super easy install. [emoji106]

JK_BUB

When I first installed mine the rear brakes squeaked like crazy, no matter what I did (grease, new clips, etc). I talked to Jim at Dynatrac and he suggested that my rear axles may be bent. I replaced them and sure enough, he was right. I think that since the calipers are moved farther out, the effects of bent axle flanges are more pronounced.

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I’m running ATX chamber pros so I’m hoping to not have any issues with clearance but hey, that’s what grinders are for.

Check your wheel weights before you mount your wheels back up - some of the thicker weights may hit the caliper depending on the placement.

Good2Go

Just have a torque wrench and thread locker ready. You’ll enjoy doing the install and the difference it makes. Great upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just finished up the install and uh wow...super simple and very straightforward. However I would recommend that you use an 18MM box end wrench for the lower rear caliper bracket bolt. It’s a tight fit for a socket and ratchet/breaker bar. Other than that cake and the stopping power is like retard strong. Wish I would have done it sooner.

Top Bottom