JK 3.6 excessive oil consumption

bloodmice

My Jeeps been burning too much oil. 3 litres in 3 weeks....

The dealerships finally believes me and is doing a oil consumption report but my warrenties up in June...

Anyone have any ideas of why this might be happening? I'm not nice to my Jeep but this is a bit excessive

bloodmice

74,000 kms, havent checked the pcv valve

nothings dripping, most leak free engine I've ever had

High RPM's in muddy areas.... lots of dusty fire roads tho. Cleaned out the air filter a couple of times but never replaced it

kbsvo2go

Almost 50 thousand miles on the stock air filter in dusty conditions? Good luck with the warranty. You better hope the dealership doesn’t find dirt/dust in the intake tube. I hope they fix it for you but seriously air filters are cheap compared to the damage it does when you don’t change them. My 12 JK has 22000 miles and I’ve changed the filter 3 times already.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cold Gas

Wow .... no air filter changes [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]
Motor probably got dusted and rings are toast. At least put a new filter in it now.
Hope they fix it for you but not surprised if they don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What intervals do you change air filter. I just hit 20k on a 16 jku normal driving conditions haven’t changed it yet.

I believe the manual says recommends 15,000 miles if driving conditions are “Schedule B”. Stop and go, dusty, long idling, etc. 30,000 if you never leave the freeway in Nirvana . In the dirt and dust of the Southwest, I change mine at every oil change. Cheap insurance.

Check your manual, your mileage may vary.

ibis9999

I believe the manual says recommends 15,000 miles if driving conditions are “Schedule B”. Stop and go, dusty, long idling, etc. 30,000 if you never leave the freeway in Nirvana . In the dirt and dust of the Southwest, I change mine at every oil change. Cheap insurance.

Check your manual, your mileage may vary.

Great. Thanks.

deezus

My Jeeps been burning too much oil. 3 litres in 3 weeks....

The dealerships finally believes me and is doing a oil consumption report but my warrenties up in June...

Anyone have any ideas of why this might be happening? I'm not nice to my Jeep but this is a bit excessive
Mine was burning 2 qts every 900 miles. I had 80k on it and Chrysler replaced the engine. Works great now. [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom