Rubbing noise on my JKU when i turn and accelerate

chusterpr

It only makes the rubbing noise when i turn and accelerate simultaneously, already changed the front differential fluid, transfer case fluid, abd checked the transmission fluid level. Everything on my JKU is stock.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Usually something like that is related to your ujoints, spider gears, or limited slip component if you have that. But typically is a clicking sound, not a rubbing sound. Post a video of the sound of you can.

Gbint

Usually something like that is related to your ujoints, spider gears, or limited slip component if you have that. But typically is a clicking sound, not a rubbing sound. Post a video of the sound of you can.

are we to assume noise from front/ if so, what side?

WJCO

Meme King
That is a strange noise. Check around tires and driveshafts to see if something is touching.

chusterpr

Ive checked for tire rubbing and didnt find any, but ill check the drive shafts. See it makes the noise when the jeep is cold and i accelerate while turning, if i let the accelerator go it stops it, but after it running for a while it stops making the noise. it almost seems like it needs for a lubricant to warm up and expand. they already changed the left rear axle because it kept leaking from the seals, and i personally changed bot differential fluids and the transfer case fluid as well.

mallavoider

Ive checked for tire rubbing and didnt find any, but ill check the drive shafts. See it makes the noise when the jeep is cold and i accelerate while turning, if i let the accelerator go it stops it, but after it running for a while it stops making the noise. it almost seems like it needs for a lubricant to warm up and expand. they already changed the left rear axle because it kept leaking from the seals, and i personally changed bot differential fluids and the transfer case fluid as well.

How many miles on your Jeep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mallavoider

About 75,000

Just a wild guess here. Have you check your timing belt? Sometimes as it gets loose (with time) at cold start and under full turn it could slip and make noise. That is why i asked the mileage. I don’t think tires are making the noise. Otherwise they will always do and not just at cold start. IMO. Good luck

chusterpr

Just a wild guess here. Have you check your timing belt? Sometimes as it gets loose (with time) at cold start and under full turn it could slip and make noise. That is why i asked the mileage. I don’t think tires are making the noise. Otherwise they will always do and not just at cold start. IMO. Good luck

Ill check it out first thing tommorow

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
there's no Jeep info on your profile - lift, tires etc..??

if you still have the stock front lower air-dam piece check that and could also be hitting your break lines.

check the brake lines for wear spots.

for the sir-dam, you can find it by having someone slowly backup, full locked turn while you watch it.

Mine did that - I found the lower air-dam plastic hanging bracket thing was not attached and when I would backup full lock turn, it would barely catch on the corner of the air-dam.

Top Bottom