Esp/bas and traction control lights!!

SoCalJeepster

Hey guys, new here so maybe im searching wrong but i couldnt find anything as to why my esp/bas light is constantly on. Also, my traction control light comes on unless i press it twice...any advice? Feels like shes startin to fall apart on me haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sahara_Maverick

It could be your ABS module offline.
The dealer just replaced my JK's TIPM and when I drove it out both lights came up.

The service manager's initial assessment was a failed sensor to I called bs since when I dropped it there everything was fine.

They took it in (again) and the technician found that the ABS module was not communicating with the new TIPM. I saw him driving my Jeep around their parking lot turning left and right so I guess you need to so some "Jeep dance" to fix it.

Things are working fine now. I suggest you check that.

Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Hey guys, new here so maybe im searching wrong but i couldnt find anything as to why my esp/bas light is constantly on. Also, my traction control light comes on unless i press it twice...any advice? Feels like shes startin to fall apart on me haha

Is your steering wheel straight? Mine has been off a little and driving in some heavy crosswinds yesterday was enough to trigger the warning.

Also, you just posted up an issue with your steering feeling wobbly or something... I'm wondering if this is all related?

If you have a scanner, pull the codes and see what it tells you. Post that up and maybe we can help you better.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

SoCalJeepster

Is your steering wheel straight? Mine has been off a little and driving in some heavy crosswinds yesterday was enough to trigger the warning.

Also, you just posted up an issue with your steering feeling wobbly or something... I'm wondering if this is all related?

If you have a scanner, pull the codes and see what it tells you. Post that up and maybe we can help you better.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
Any suggestions for a good reader? One not too pricey.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’ve chased those over this winter. Bought a blue driver OBD reader and was able to identify which wheel and a communication error. Changed out that wheel sensor wire and was good to go. Worth the investment in a good reader. It saves you a lot of headaches trying to find the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom