Rock Skins - Are they Needed With EVO Sliders?

TrailHunter

Hooked
My question is to those with EVO High angle Sliders.... Has anyone actually hit their Rock Skin or Rocker panel while running the Sliders? Is it more of a peace of mind thing or is it a good idea to have them.... I have hit and dented my Rocker, but that was with only the Rubi Rail. I'm pretty sure if I had the EVO slider, that would not have happened.... Just curious how you guys felt about it. Thx.

BaddestCross

My question is to those with EVO High angle Sliders.... Has anyone actually hit their Rock Skin or Rocker panel while running the Sliders? Is it more of a peace of mind thing or is it a good idea to have them.... I have hit and dented my Rocker, but that was with only the Rubi Rail. I'm pretty sure if I had the EVO slider, that would not have happened.... Just curious how you guys felt about it. Thx.
Personally, I run both. Poison Spyder, not EVO, but regardless... Mostly for peace of mind, but there's a chance that if you come down hard enough you could still flex the slider up and dent the tub.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They aren't needed at all. If anything, they're more to help hide dinks like what you have now ( my sincerest apologies for that :grayno: ). IF you think you might want them at some time, it's best to get them installed PRIOR to welding on EVO rocker guards. Installing them after the fact is a lot harder.

TrailHunter

Hooked
They aren't needed at all. If anything, they're more to help hide dinks like what you have now ( my sincerest apologies for that :grayno: ). IF you think you might want them at some time, it's best to get them installed PRIOR to welding on EVO rocker guards. Installing them after the fact is a lot harder.

Lol! No apologies needed! However, I will be reminding you now and again... haha... Yeah, definitely would do it prior... but I can also just fix the body just as easy.. so it’s no big deal to me really... thx

TrailHunter

Hooked
Personally, I run both. Poison Spyder, not EVO, but regardless... Mostly for peace of mind, but there's a chance that if you come down hard enough you could still flex the slider up and dent the tub.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Thats a good point. I was actually thinking of putting small shims at the top of the frame mounts to pull it away from the body just a hair more... or just do the skins... thx man.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I run without. No issues so far. I didn't want a bunch of holes in the bottom of the tub because my jeep was nearly new when I did my slider install.

View attachment 294394

Last edited:

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Like others have said it's pretty much just for looks (I think it looks good any way). And yes a hard hit can force slider/body contact. I have a nice dent in my pinch seam that matches my slider. Having the skins too I don't know if it would have caused body damage or not.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom