33” Tires 2.5” Lift 3.23 Gears

ibis9999

Sorry to ask this as maybe a simple search would have sufficed.
I have a ‘16 JKU with a 6 spd manual running 3.23 gears. I don’t want to get into the expensive of re gearing since it’s a lease and I may or may not keep it. And because I may get a rubicon the next time around.
My question is is there any way I can run 35” tires on a 2.5 lift without re gearing or am I better off sticking with 33’s ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I've never driven a newer 6sp but my 3.8 with a 6sp and 3:73 gears is kind of a dog in 1st gear with 35" tires. Almost like your taking off in second gear. It's not bad while daily driving but on the trails it's a little to fast in first unless your in 4LO. Not very good on the clutch either. I have new 4:88 gears sitting on my work bench but I think I'm going to get a locker for the rear before I have them installed.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I think you mean 321 gears. I drove a newer Jeep with the new engine with 33s it was an automatic. In my opinion it drove fine I was not sure on the gears though I think they might have been the 321. I have a 2011 automatic with 373 gears and 295 and I'm happy with it.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

ibis9999

I think you mean 321 gears. I drove a newer Jeep with the new engine with 33s it was an automatic. In my opinion it drove fine I was not sure on the gears though I think they might have been the 321. I have a 2011 automatic with 373 gears and 295 and I'm happy with it.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry bout that. It is 3:21. Clearly I’m a total newbie. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom