Shock dilemma!!

Mikecal9985

So last week I installed the TF leveling puck kit on my 2013 JKU Sahara. I needed some new shocks before then and I decided to pull the trigger on some here in the near future. I’m leaning towards the Rancho 5000x or the 9000xl. As you all probably know already, the puck kit lifts the front 2” and the rear 1”. The shocks that say they are for 0-2” are pretty much the same size as the stock ones I want to replace. Would it be ok to get the shocks for a 2-3” for the front and rear, or should I stick with the 0-2” shocks? I would like some more travel but I don’t want to have too much once disconnected to unseat the springs and or bottom out the shock. I am running a set of 35x12.50r17. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Maybe the gentleman from Rancho that’s on the forum could chime in. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I would run what we run with our 2" SPORT system
RS999326
RS999330
or
RS55326
RS55330

The front PN is a "stock" shock and is used to limit front travel, this is an "issue" on the 2012+. The shorter shock keeps the driveshaft out of the exhaust.
The rear is what we use in our 3" system, make sure you loosen/get a brake line bracket relocate for the rear.

:)
Matt

Last edited:
Top Bottom