Master Cyclinder

Cam

Installed the Dynatrac Pro Grip brake kit and went to power flush my brake fluid and it was dark black. Brakes stop much better but still slowly goes to floor when at stop. Looks like my Master Cylinder is dead? I was going to replace with OEM but also saw the Mopar Mopar/Jeep JK "J8" Master Cylinder/Booster Kit - Mopar (P5160050). About $200 vs $100. Would this help with my Dynadrac break kit and be an upgrade or not nessessary? Emailed Dynatrac but no response after about a week. Tried to call but was on hold for a while and thought I would tap all the knowledge on this board. Don't see upgrading to Mopar big brake kit but if I ever did the J8 Master Cylinder and Booster would already be in??? What you guys think? Would it run ok/better with Dynatrac Progrip? Also with either Master Cylinder would a bench bleed on the Master Cylinder be OK or with the ABS should I have the dealer do it?

Thanks in advance.

Cam

WJCO

Meme King
Sounds like master cylinder is failing. Was this symptom there before you did the progrips? Being that the dynatrac kit is designed to be used with the OEM master cylinder, I would go with that myself.

Cam

Ya the pedal was soft before. I wanted to do the Pro Grip kit anyways and thought the Brake Fluid flush and Progrips might solve the problem. When power flushing the brake system help preasure 15psi so I hoped the new fluid and brakes would be good to go. But after I saw the black brake fluid I started to figure out the master cylinder might be bad. When the pedal was still slowly going to floor it confirmed what I thought.

IgotaWoody39

I had the same issues a year or so ago...I believe you have to do a reverse bleed of your system...I did mine several times to get everything free and clear,,,,,,

Top Bottom