37s

mikem0141

So I currently have 33s and a 2.5 inch lift which is great but I have decided bigger with a 3.5 Rubicon express lift and 35s or 37s I use the jeep as a daily tho and need opinions on which would be best. The jeep with be wheeled probably once a week and I drive about hour and a half round trip everyday. I don't care how loud the tire is, jeep will be getting regeared to 4.56, really just care about what one will effect the road manners the least but be best for the trails still.

Sent from my XT1650 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlacknRedJK

There are a couple possible flaws with your initial plan. First, you state you want to regear to 4.56 but haven’t chosen a tire size. Your gear ratio choice really should be based upon the tires you’re going to run. For 37s the general consensus here is 5.13s, but your profile shows you have a sport. The D30 front axle is not paired well with 5.13 because of pinion size. If it were my jeep I would pick a tire size first then match the gears to them.

Next, you state you have chosen a Rubicon Express lift kit. While it is your jeep and your money, there are much better lifts out there in comparable price ranges. RE is known for a harsh ride and not being a great kit.

Lastly, if you stay 35s save some money and trim your fenders. You can easily run 35s on 2.5 inches of lift.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mikem0141

There are a couple possible flaws with your initial plan. First, you state you want to regear to 4.56 but haven’t chosen a tire size. Your gear ratio choice really should be based upon the tires you’re going to run. For 37s the general consensus here is 5.13s, but your profile shows you have a sport. The D30 front axle is not paired well with 5.13 because of pinion size. If it were my jeep I would pick a tire size first then match the gears to them.

Next, you state you have chosen a Rubicon Express lift kit. While it is your jeep and your money, there are much better lifts out there in comparable price ranges. RE is known for a harsh ride and not being a great kit.

Lastly, if you stay 35s save some money and trim your fenders. You can easily run 35s on 2.5 inches of lift.

Well the regear is inevitable for me because I have 3.21s at the moment but the 5.13 would just be to low for everyday driving for me as I need to still be able to go 80 for trips I also have an atlas dual t case so off-road low gear like that simply isn't needed. From research just seemed like the 4.56 would be best for 35s and still not bad for 37s. As for the D30 I agree with you 100% but I was going to see how much life I could get out of it as is being a light foot crawler and a winch. I could be wrong though that's y I ask for others opinions.

BlacknRedJK

Well the regear is inevitable for me because I have 3.21s at the moment but the 5.13 would just be to low for everyday driving for me as I need to still be able to go 80 for trips I also have an atlas dual t case so off-road low gear like that simply isn't needed. From research just seemed like the 4.56 would be best for 35s and still not bad for 37s. As for the D30 I agree with you 100% but I was going to see how much life I could get out of it as is being a light foot crawler and a winch. I could be wrong though that's y I ask for others opinions.

Wasn’t trying to talk you out a regearing, but more trying to point you in the direction of what many people here have tested and found to work. Of course, the Atlas not being mentioned on your bio was overlooked on my part. For the sake of road manners 4.56 or 4.88 might work. Like I said, decide which tire size you want to run, and gear to match not the other way around. Best of luck.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug

I have a sport 3.8l auto and went with 4.88 with 35s and drives great. I've been told upgrading to 37s later would still be okay. 4.56 would not be good for 37s from what I've read, someone else may chime in with their experiences.

wjtstudios

Hooked
You’ll start hearing it a lot, 37s on a D30 is a mistake unless you are planning on swapping the front axle sooner than later. I bent my 44 housing with 37s with in 6 months of putting them on. It’s going to happen, so if you go down that road plan on it. Also plan on new rear axle shafts, revolutions, and pro grips. I run 4:88s and it’s my daily driver. Perfect dual purpose gear ratio.

mikem0141

What would you suggest for a lift I was going to go rock krawler but heard to many horror story's as well as quick wear, and since I've run two Rubicon express lifts before and had little to no issues I figured I would just take the same route. They are a little harsh tho.

BlacknRedJK

What would you suggest for a lift I was going to go rock krawler but heard to many horror story's as well as quick wear, and since I've run two Rubicon express lifts before and had little to no issues I figured I would just take the same route. They are a little harsh tho.

EVO, Rancho, and Synergy make quality kits. You will here those three from most of the people on the forum. If it were me, I would run the EVO Enforcer 3” kit with their plush ride springs. Ride is 100% subjective, but they are highly recommended and known for a great ride. The kit is actually ~$200-300 cheaper than the prices I saw for the RE kit after a quick search.

In addition, Exodus Jeeps has a 5% discount running for EVO MFG parts right now and they’re a supporter of the forum. Give them a shout. I see you’ve asked the same question in a couple other threads as well and got a similar answer.

mikem0141

EVO, Rancho, and Synergy make quality kits. You will here those three from most of the people on the forum. If it were me, I would run the EVO Enforcer 3” kit with their plush ride springs. Ride is 100% subjective, but they are highly recommended and known for a great ride. The kit is actually ~$200-300 cheaper than the prices I saw for the RE kit after a quick search.

In addition, Exodus Jeeps has a 5% discount running for EVO MFG parts right now and they’re a supporter of the forum. Give them a shout. I see you’ve asked the same question in a couple other threads as well and got a similar answer.

Only reason I didn't go with the Evo is because it was only a 3 inch kit but I will definitely have to look more into it because your right I have asked a few times and it seems every time I get set on one someone comes along and changes my mind because of another or price.

BlacknRedJK

I will echo what others have said, but you’re failing to hear: The EVO kits are based upon lift yielded on a JKU not a JK. You will most likely see close to 3.5” inches of lift being that you own a JK. Beyond that, you really don’t need to be running 3.5” of lift for 37s let alone 35s. Many of the guys here are running 3.5” on 40s, but that requires some trimming. If it were me, run the EVO kit and call it a day. If you have issues with rubbing, cut your factory fenders and trim your pinch seam.

I may be mistaken, but I believe OverlanderJK is running 2.5” on 37s with his two door. You really don’t need more lift for your goals.

MKBCE

Really good advice here ! If you want performance stay low and go big tires ! If you want a certain look go for it but never expect upgrades to be the same as stock. To a certain degree yes better especially off road but unless you completely replace everything needed a upgrade to larger tires on stock axles, gears, steering, etc is never going to be the same just my opinion.....otherwise why would everyone spend the extra money time to upgrade components.

JKbrick

Your tires look massive to me. Love your rig man. Don't understand why more don't like the truly iconic 2 door. [emoji6]

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you I appreciate the compliment. I love it too. I usually get tired of vehicles easily but haven’t with Brick. Honestly I assume most people have 4 doors simply for the extra room, and the ride a little better

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom