Dealer has killed my Jeep

Tuesday Feb 26 - So as you may know, I took my 2010 JKU Sport to the dealer to have the L34 emission recall performed. (this was not my choice, the great state of CZKalifornia forced me to in order to register it for this year) In the process of performing this recall, the new software would not upload to my PCM. So they gave me rental and said they will order a new PCM.

UPDATE!!! - I spoke to my service tech and they are having the same issue with the NEW PCM. It will not upload the updated software. So now they have NO IDEA what is wrong with my Jeep. Mind you, I drove it in there yesterday with ZERO issues!!!

My question to you all is has anyone had this issue or am I just LUCKY???? And if they can not fix it, what the f*q do I do?

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Tuesday Feb 26 - So as you may know, I took my 2010 JKU Sport to the dealer to have the L34 emission recall performed. (this was not my choice, the great state of CZKalifornia forced me to in order to register it for this year) In the process of performing this recall, the new software would not upload to my PCM. So they gave me rental and said they will order a new PCM.

UPDATE!!! - I spoke to my service tech and they are having the same issue with the NEW PCM. It will not upload the updated software. So now they have NO IDEA what is wrong with my Jeep. Mind you, I drove it in there yesterday with ZERO issues!!!

My question to you all is has anyone had this issue or am I just LUCKY???? And if they can not fix it, what the f*q do I do?

Maybe your just lucky :banghead:

Those guys busted your Jeep they should be 100% responsible for fixing it! I wish you the best of luck for sure!

Yes, I am giving them time to figure it out. I was just trying to draw on the forums experience in these matters. But the look on his face today was not too encouraging to say the least.:eek:

Jeeper_2010

My wife took her 2010 in for an update and the software fried the "puter" so they had to order a new one. I think some of the update software is faulty. It took a couple of days but they got it fixed.

Okay, so I am somewhat relieved that I am not alone.... thanks, I think :confused:

So with one PCM already replaced, what is the chances they replace the entire ECU before the weekend? 0 to NONE?!?!

andrew -

HURRAY!!! My meltdown has been averted! PCMs and such replaced and they got it to work..........:thinking:

I am all better now, well, as close to better as I was prior to this... :icon_crazy:

Not really cause I am not sure they knew themselves. They simply replaced stuff till it worked. I have gone threw it and it seems everything is good... One of those things I guess!

Top Bottom