Alignment, Go to a place like Firestone/Tire Kingdom or search for a 4x4 shop?

jorgelrod

Hooked
So with the the Tax refund I'm expecting, I have a few things I want to do. Namely change the tie rod, put an adjustable trackbar int he front to center the axle and upgrade the draglink. My question is seeing how I have the PR44 with the aditional caster, Adj control arms and all of these parts I want to put in plus having flipped the heim joint on the LCA which might have/have not changed my caster angle, I think an alignment will be in order. Now Question is will one of these places like firestone service centers or tire kingdom or the like be a good option? or should I take it specifically to 4X4 shop that does alignments as well?

aermid

I use Lamb’s Tire and Automotive. I’m not sure how widespread they are but they offer a $180 lifetime alignment. It’s great for getting alignments whenever messing with steering components or a weekend off-roading.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Find a specialized 4x4 shop. For the most part, the big chain stores are ignorant and naive to the 4x4 venue. Not really their fault, but it's just not something they specialize in and they don't usually go the extra mile to make sure the vehicle is adjusted properly.

aermid

Asking at a good local jeep shop can definitely help out with this. The particular lambs I go to was recommended to me by the shop and their manager is apart of the local jeep club. Like WJCO said you want a place that knows the parts.

--Erin

fiend

Caught the Bug
In that case, I'd find an offroad shop. Or really, anyone but Firestone.

Last time i went to firestone they put the wrong tires on my car. I only replaced the rears and so any halfway intelligent person could have seen that the new ones didn’t match the front ones. This, after I specifically told them several times exactly which tires I wanted. Morons.

Top Bottom