Lift

Napalm90

Im looking at lifting 2013 JKUR for 37" tires. I was originally planning on going with AEV because my friend works at a Jeep dealer that deals with AEV and could get the kit for cheap, but after reading all the negative things about AEV lift kits on the forums I am starting to think I should go with someone else. What other brands or kits in the same price range should I look at that don't require me to cut up my jeep and will last. I plan on doing light Rock crawling, overlanding and heading out west someday for MOAB and the Rubicon. EVO is out of the question because there stuff is very expensive unless they sell a kit for under 3k. Thank you.

CerOf

With shocks and drag link flip its $2500.
Looks to be a very nice kit that fits your under $3k budget.

Seems most shy away from AEV because it won't grow with you. The drop brakets are not for hardcore off-roading. If you get into the serious stuff, seems you'll want upper and lower adjustable arms eventually that will flex better.

For me, sadly, I'm on road 95%+ of the time. Regularly tow and haul junk. To wheel, it is a minimum 1.5hr drive. My goal was to lift it for the road and be better than average offroad. Some argue for the money AEV isn't worth it, but if you can get a deal...then it may very well be worth it. I think it is a good deal if your appetite for off roading / over landing is more like mine.

I'd say the EVO is the route to go if you truly will end up on the Rubicon or other similarly TOUGH trails as that lift is easily upgradable.

I went AEV as realistically, I won't be on the rubicon or trails like it anytime soon.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

The EVO Enforcer kit is also "upgrade-able" if you want to get a bit more out of your lift later with the complete DoubleD Long Arm system http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-DoubleDLONGARM-UPGRADE - which is also bolt on but also can be welded if I am not mistaken. But the Enforcer does don't need to be upgraded to handle "tough" trails as it performs great on and off road!

You can get the Enforcer kit with 3" or 4" coils depending on your needs/wants

There are a few threads about the EVO Enforcer lift here with some really good information.

Last edited:

JKBANDIT55

If your planning on spending 3K on a lift. I would bite the bullet and get something the requires a little more work to your jeep if its cutting or trimming some parts. 3k is a lot of money to spend on a basic kit to not want some good stuff. But if not, I posted some option below. I am not a jeep expert, just offering some advice that I can help with as I know the more experienced guys aren't usually online this late.

For running 37s I would recommend sleeves and gussets. And if you have a front D30 I would save for a Dynotrac 44. You going to want 4.88 or 5.13 gears if I remember correctly. A new front drive shaft as well if you want a lift to fit 37s. If I am wrong im sure they will chime in and correct my mistakes. Otherwise, a kit for 3K better come with everything else you need to run the set up you want. If it dont, its not worth it.

You can get the Rock Krawler Triple Threat Long arm 3.5" kit. This kit is very complete and provides crazy amount of flex. Just youtube them and you will see. I gurantee you will hear nothing but good about RK for the price.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16189_2011.htm

Here you can get the RK COILOVER 5.5" LONG ARM complete kit for a grand more. To me, this is a very VERY good deal. My best friend has this kit and he gets a total of 12" down travel. He won the last flex contest at the meet and greet last summer. Ill try and find a pic on JK-F of it measuring 12". Here is this kit with 37s/ Not my buddies though. This looks like some MAJOR flex. You can clearly see its around 12 maybe more around 14" of down travel. Looks like you can easily fit a 12" ruler in there?

KJH_5779email_zps4cec6153.jpg
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16189_2017.htm

EVO makes awesome stuff probably the best out there and offers the most down travel you can get but it comes with a price that most cant afford. But there are lots of other great lifts for cheaper prices and although it wont perform and ride as good as EVO, it will still take you over lots of things.

If you want to have a great ride check out their bolt on coilovers that Eddies yellow JK has. Very awesome. Gets some awesome flex too. But I am sure it is a lot of money. You can see videos of his 2 JKs with EVO coil over lifts on his youtube channel. Search WAYALIFE and you will be blown away!!!

Its all up to you man. I know guys who run Much Much cheaper lifts like Teraflex that do good enough to keep up with all the higher end lifts. Not saying they ride as good and have the same down travel but they will get the job done. Here is the flex I had on my old JK with just a 3" spacer lift. Drove this lift for 40K miles with no problems.

DSC01356.jpg

Here is my Buddies 3.5" Rough Country lift. For under 500 you get great flex and a great ride. He wheels it all the time and hasn't had 1 problem. Dont get me wrong, its not going to ride and perform like the coilover kits, but it will get the job done! It comes with everything you need to run it on your 2012 minus the exhaust spacer or front drive shaft to stop the boot from ripping the stock drive shaft. Note he has been running the stock drive shaft for a long time now, and the boot still hasn't ripped. and as you can see he is flexed pretty good in this pic. but I still advise you to purchase the drive shaft as I have heard stories of people ripping the boot at full flex with just 2.5" lift on 2012 jks.

Screenshot2012-06-04at44358PM.png

Im sure more people with better advice will jump in. This is just my 2 cents. Im just letting you know you have options that for a cheaper price, will get you through a lot just fine, as most people on this forum recommend EVO everything. But its also top notch and you get what you pay for.

I would ask Eddie(WOL) he has had experience with lots of lifts and am sure he can point you in the right direction!

As you can see. EVO offers probably the best. And If your going to spend 3K on a lift, I would keep saving to get something like this. Also, Im pretty sure that coilovers are going to offer the smoothest and best on road driving as well. As Eddie once stated a long time ago, its like driving on clouds.
DSC01293_zpsd67e03d3.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom