Strange problem 2017 recon jku

gonow

This morning after starting my jeep I noticed the display unit on the 430n radio was blank the radio work and the Bluetooth worked but completely dark as I left my house the temp gauge barely moved but both the digital temp and trans temp would go up and down from 199 to 217 degrees so I stopped and popped the hood and the engine was still cold it's driving me fucking nuts have guys ever experienced such a thing? I'm taking it to the dealer as it's under warranty not to mention I bought the lifetime elec. March. Warranty too just curious if any has experienced this particular nightmare
Thanks guys

20180227_174434.jpg 20180227_174421.jpg 20180227_174414.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gobicon2017

My temperatures very from 200 to 220 depending on outside temp. I try to let it warm up also. Did you by chance turn the screen off, allowing the radio functions to work. Probably not the issue. Happened to me once IMG_0589.JPG

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

gonow

This morning after starting my jeep I noticed the display unit on the 430n radio was blank the radio work and the Bluetooth worked but completely dark as I left my house the temp gauge barely moved but both the digital temp and trans temp would go up and down from 199 to 217 degrees so I stopped and popped the hood and the engine was still cold it's driving me fucking nuts have guys ever experienced such a thing? I'm taking it to the dealer as it's under warranty not to mention I bought the lifetime elec. March. Warranty too just curious if any has experienced this particular nightmare
Thanks guys

View attachment 294718 View attachment 294719 View attachment 294720

So I disconnected and reconnected the negative battery post and SHAZAM works fine back to normal just hope it doesn't come back to haunt me later

ibis9999

Sorry I can’t help but I can tell you this. I have the 430N in my 16 JKU and it’s total garbage. It’s been replaced twice under warranty and I’m still having issues with the USB connection and constant freezing. Jeep should offer us a replacement that actually works.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

toyotire

if you are in park your transmission temp is actually your engine coolant temp. if you have your evic set to show tranny temp go from park to drive and see what happens. your analog gauge is reading where mine does when I am at what your evic digital was showing.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
The analog gauge will stay centered as long as the temps are in an acceptable range. It will only start climbing once it gets above a certain unacceptable temp. It’s a “smart gauge”. People in the past used to bitch because it would fluctuate between half and 3/4 which isn’t in red and take to dealer for warranty claims when there was nothing actually wrong. For vast majority of folks making it just hover in middle fixes all the false work needed. Issue is for enthusiasts you expect it to move and it doesn’t. Can’t win either way.

sparks

I was going to suggest a “power cycle” involving removing batt cable.
Also good information from 13_gecko_rubi & toyotire I’m glad to see it posted again because it took me a long time to figure out how the gauge worked and trans/coolant temp in park. When trying to diagnose the infamous transmission hoot I had to explain to the mechanic that trans needed to be at 160° and he kept telling me it was at 200 because it sat idle in park.

Anyway glad it’s working again, at least now you know a remedy when it happens again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

gonow

Thanks for the input guys very helpful as I was wondering why the so called smart temp gauge never moves even when towing my trailer thru all the highway 50 passes

The analog gauge will stay centered as long as the temps are in an acceptable range. It will only start climbing once it gets above a certain unacceptable temp. It’s a “smart gauge”. People in the past used to bitch because it would fluctuate between half and 3/4 which isn’t in red and take to dealer for warranty claims when there was nothing actually wrong. For vast majority of folks making it just hover in middle fixes all the false work needed. Issue is for enthusiasts you expect it to move and it doesn’t. Can’t win either way.

Thank you for the schooling on this....

Top Bottom