Factory remote starter

Zimmy5280

My 2014 rubicon unlimited remote starter has a fault
Starts then stalls out after a few seconds and displays a system fault?
Anyone had this issue....
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sparks

Had a few issues with my previous JKU was 2014 as well.

couple things I checked -
hood switch ?
I guess door open/close status switches too
Engine codes ?
Have the battery tested

Ended up being the hood switch for me

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great timing of this post.
My wife’s 2017 just started doing the same thing. It started then stalled out as if engine was remote shut down. Then when I started it with the key the check engine light showed up. I am going to bring it in to the dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparks

Great timing of this post.
My wife’s 2017 just started doing the same thing. It started then stalled out as if engine was remote shut down. Then when I started it with the key the check engine light showed up. I am going to bring it in to the dealer

You can switch the key on and off 3 times quickly and get a code .. might give you some ideas about what’s wrong

sparks

Wouldn’t I need a reader to get the code though

Nah -

Copied/Pasted:
Insert your key and turn the ignition to the On position without starting the vehicle. Then, push the key into the ignition cylinder and (while holding it in) turn it to Off then On three times - making sure to end in the ON position. The reason to keep the key pressed in while turning is to avoid the key from catching along the way and interrupting the process. When done correctly, as the key finishes in the On position, your odometer will read a series of six dashes, then display a Diagnostic Trouble Code shortly after.
Google what the code is or post it here I’m sure someone will clarify.

Nah -

Copied/Pasted:
Insert your key and turn the ignition to the On position without starting the vehicle. Then, push the key into the ignition cylinder and (while holding it in) turn it to Off then On three times - making sure to end in the ON position. The reason to keep the key pressed in while turning is to avoid the key from catching along the way and interrupting the process. When done correctly, as the key finishes in the On position, your odometer will read a series of six dashes, then display a Diagnostic Trouble Code shortly after.
Google what the code is or post it here I’m sure someone will clarify.

Thanks for the info. I am going to try it.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I wouldn't let a parts store clear the code, just read it. That way the dealer can see it.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I had an evap leak, anytime the CEL came on the remote state would stop. If it sees a code, it cancels the remote start. Its retarted but thats how it works.

feederic

I had the same issue with mine, evap leak. Then again that caused the check engine light to also turn on.

Top Bottom