Hitting 72K thinking of some upgrade but want to hear some input

jorgelrod

Hooked
I definitely want to put an adjustable track bar on the Jeep because I want to center the axle back and I want to get rid of the clunk I'm getting from the factory one. As I already have the Metalcloak Control arms I am considering their trackbar. I am also considering their Draglink and Tie Rod but I want to know if you guys recommend I change these. I'm at 72K miles I wheel ocassionally as you guys know and daily drive. I see that most Jeep Maintenance recommendations for this many miles include checking the ends on the tie rods and draglink etc, so this is why I was thinking of maybe replacing with better parts. I don't mind making the investment, but also don't want to buy things unnecessarily. What do you guys recommend? Am I overthinking it? Should I just buy the Trackbar and new ends for my tie rod and draglink or is the upgrade a good idea? I really have come to respect your recommendations.

WJCO

Meme King
I don't think any aftermarket track bar has ends that last as long as the OEM Mopar ones. What's your lift height? Have you done a drag link flip? If you do a flip, get a raised track bar bracket and then you can use an OEM track bar again that will damn near center your axle. However the axle will always shift as the axle articulates because of the geometry of the track bar in relation to the axle.

Drag link flip should only be done if you're lifted 3.5" or above I believe.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I don't think any aftermarket track bar has ends that last as long as the OEM Mopar ones. What's your lift height? Have you done a drag link flip? If you do a flip, get a raised track bar bracket and then you can use an OEM track bar again that will damn near center your axle. However the axle will always shift as the axle articulates because of the geometry of the track bar in relation to the axle.

Drag link flip should only be done if you're lifted 3.5" or above I believe.

This is what my setup looks like know, they look pretty parallel to me but I would love your input. I'm not sure why it looks upside down

Attachments

• CA3EDB63-1F9E-4CAF-AC47-599020680A14.jpg
    CA3EDB63-1F9E-4CAF-AC47-599020680A14.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 42
Top Bottom