2008 with factory locker axle verification

ElwoodBlues

I'm am about to order gears for my 2008 Unlimited X. It came with an electronic rear locker and e-disco sway bar (like the rubicons). Im trying to confirm that this is indeed a "Rubicon Style" axle and that it utilizes the same Ring & Pinion and axle splines as a Rubicon. I currently have 3.73 gears and the rubis were a standard 4.10 that year.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a factory e-locker on your rear axle, you have a Rubicon Dana 44. e-lockers were not installed in Sport or Sahara Dana 44's.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Do the rubicon and non-rubicon rear Dana 44 use the exact same size ring and pinion?

Yukon et al. have different part numbers for rubicon v non rubicon gear sets, which suggests that they have different dimensions and are not interchangeable, if that’s your question.

ElwoodBlues

I once thought so, but i scanned their site to only find they use the same one in the rear. Some companies list them as 8.5 and others as 8.8. I just get even more puzzled the more I try to understand.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
I once thought so, but i scanned their site to only find they use the same one in the rear. Some companies list them as 8.5 and others as 8.8. I just get even more puzzled the more I try to understand.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m not positive, but I think the difference is in the thickness of the ring gear, not the diameter.

Top Bottom