Lift Recommendations/Ideas/Dialogue

Omnifox

So, I am still sans front axle housing due to compounded dumassery. (Long story short, booped the fuck out of my D30 on my X. Insurance is covering a replacement housing, that housing happens to be much better than a D30, but still is from a company that has... issues.)

Now I am on day 6 of waiting for the damn thing to arrive past its original expected delivery date because Saia is what we call a terrible LTL company. That said, I have used this time to regear to 4.88s, put in air lockers, swap in some gently used rubi shocks. I am currently on 31s, and 4.88s and 31s is going to totally be super fun, but I now need 35s for sure. I will totally save money with the better mileage! (That is my story to her, and I am sticking to it.)

Anyways, I have a 2 door 2007 X, and I use this as my DD and do have more on pavement driving than off. However, I am not one to shy away from rocks or mud.

I am looking for a bit of outside opinions on what lift to go with? Be it lift/shock kit or seperate gets. Not looking to go past 3" I think, I just want enough lift to get full articulation with the 35s. On road stability is likely the key factor for me. Not afraid of cutting to fit either. Ideas?

Sidebar: Thoroughly enjoying the forums here. It is nice to have a place where you don't have to mince words and can say what is on your mind. Welcome to the internet, I hope you have thick skin and a helmet.

Last edited:

boardsurfer

Tons of options to fit 35s. Depends on how much you want to spend - are you working toward a bigger goal down the road.. etc.

Evo leveling kit will give you more than 2 inches for super cheap. Lot's of extras to consider though like brake lines for one. And you will definitely need to do some fender trimming

Rancho 2 inch lift. No experience, but should be a quality option.

JKS 2.5 inch lift. More complete but price reflects that. Might be able to avoid trimming fenders.

Evo 3 inch Enforcer. Likely give you more than 3 inches which may or may not be good. The ride cant be beat though.

Omnifox

Is 2" enough for 35s? (Or is it a 2" lift on a JKU and 2.5-3 on a JK?) Cost isn't the limiting factor for me. Mostly stability and range of motion.

boardsurfer

It can be if you make it. There may be trimming involved. Bump stops will have to be taken seriously, stuff like that. It keeps your center of gravity low, but you'll have to make a few compromises. If money isn't really a factor, get the most complete lift you're comfortable with. The JKS or the Evo. You'll be high enough to not make huge compromises, and all the details will be taken care of.

Top Bottom