Dana Spicer gears

mcflurry301

Dana comes factory and I see that their gears are significantly more expensive. Is their reasoning better quality, closer tolerances....just trying to justify on them.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Dana comes factory and I see that their gears are significantly more expensive. Is their reasoning better quality, closer tolerances....just trying to justify on them.
There is no reason only but because they say Dana on them. Some of the Lesser quality gears like us a standard have fewer refining processes as opposed to others. That's why they're cheaper. If you're looking for gears you need to look at either Yukon gears or Revolution gears. These are the best two out there in my opinion. I have personal experience with the Yukon gears and their warranty (Y.E.S. plan) is outstanding and I have utilized it!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
There is no reason only but because they say Dana on them. Some of the Lesser quality gears like us a standard have fewer refining processes as opposed to others. That's why they're cheaper. If you're looking for gears you need to look at either Yukon gears or Revolution gears. These are the best two out there in my opinion. I have personal experience with the Yukon gears and their warranty (Y.E.S. plan) is outstanding and I have utilized it!

Idk if having to use a warranty on gears would classify them as the best out there. Typical I try to avoid issues with gears being that they aren’t easy to repair.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Idk if having to use a warranty on gears would classify them as the best out there. Typical I try to avoid issues with gears being that they aren’t easy to repair.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I don't disagree with you as a whole... however there were extenuating circumstances to my replacement of the rear gear set. The front is still 100% good to go. It wasn't the gear set that caused the failure...rather a pinion nut which caused the gears and bearings to fail.

I probably should have specified that in the first post... that is kinda some important information I left out. LoL

Last edited:

mcflurry301

I currently have Yukon in my 2Dr and havent ran into any issues with them, was just looking around the web since I am about to start a new build and came across them and trying to figure out what its $600 for a set!!!! I will probably be going with Yukon since I havent had any issues after 5 years. Thats even after I snapped a 1310 drive shaft (all U joints) in the rear and the gears were perfectly fine.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
I currently have Yukon in my 2Dr and havent ran into any issues with them, was just looking around the web since I am about to start a new build and came across them and trying to figure out what its $600 for a set!!!! I will probably be going with Yukon since I havent had any issues after 5 years. Thats even after I snapped a 1310 drive shaft (all U joints) in the rear and the gears were perfectly fine.
Yes they are good gears in my opinion. It sounds like you had excellent luck as well. I corrected my post above yours... My pinion nut was why my gear set failed and the bearings failed. Not the gear set itself.

WJCO

Meme King

Contact Exodus Jeeps here on the forum. They support the forum and have good prices on Revolution gear sets.

Top Bottom